Eating too much? - feeling so big!

susy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am only six weeks today but I just feel so big and my tummy is really showing. In weeks three and four I had bad wind and felt very bloated, but that seems to have subsided and now I just feel like my tummy is huge. It is also quite visable when I wear my normal clothes. This is my first ( not counting 12 week miscarriage last time). Am I just eating too much? I have been eating more than usual, but even in the mornings I still feel the same. Nurse asked me today if I had my dates right and I have checked them to find no difference as I had my last period 6th January. ( though it was a slightly unusual one lasting longer than usual and being a few days late) When I was bloated it felt kind of different. my tummy just feels solid now and heavy.

Anyone else feel like this? :think:

I feel exactly the same hun. I'm finding I have to eat little and often instead of a big meal at night and that seems to help feeling bloated. I find I can't actually eat as much as I used to but I have to maintain my blood sugars at the mo as they're all over the place and making me feel very unwell.

:hug:

I'm the same as HannahD at the moment - I am having to eat every hour or two or I start feeling sick. But my capacity is not as big as before so I can only eat little meals (bowl of cereal size or equivalent) which is very frustrating.

I have had a lot of bloating from day 1 I have to say though (see 'bumps' thread :lol:) and I already feel like I am 'showing' although technically it's all flab :(

buddabun said:
I'm the same as HannahD at the moment - I am having to eat every hour or two or I start feeling sick. But my capacity is not as big as before so I can only eat little meals (bowl of cereal size or equivalent) which is very frustrating.

I have had a lot of bloating from day 1 I have to say though (see 'bumps' thread :lol:) and I already feel like I am 'showing' although technically it's all flab :(

Im the same need to eat lil and often!!!

and bubba its a bump, if I hear you say flab one more time I shall tell you off!!!

My midwife went mad about that "your pregnant not fat!" I thought she would hit me if i said i'm chubby again!

hehe, trouble is I am eating often and loads of it ! Have not been sick yet but I am terrified of throwing up at work or something if it starts :shhh: I think I do need to discipline myself a little though. Last night I ate a whole packet of Jaffa cakes ( about 15 of them) a dinner and some chocolate...and was still nibbling as I went to bed...i cant keep anything in the house or I eat eat all at the same time. :doh:

Hannah I like your ticker, very sweet!

Thank you Susy :D

I'm constantly grazing at the mo...I have to eat every 2 hours or I start to feel really icky. I'm trying to be good though and have loads of fruit at work to munch on (even though I really want to nip over to the bakery and buy cake!!!).

I'm definitely FAT!!! :rotfl: I already look 5 or 6 months pregnant :oops: so I'm going look like a beached whale when I'm 9 months!!

i'm the same- constantly eating at the moment and feel like my bellys going to explode- mind you i have just eaten an entire packet of oreos so no excuse really.
i want to pop myself with a pin.

I can't stop eating... like suzy it's LOTS and often!! :oops:
I have put on 8lbs already! the problem is the nausea is so bad that eating is the only thing that will settle it.

I may be the size of an elephant by the time 'blob' arrives!

:wink: glad I am not the only one ladies! has anyone had any cravings yet or dont they come this soon? I bought loads of cheap sweet stuff in pund land yesterday. Gosh I HATE poundland and those other pound shops, they are just too tempting and cheap. :wall: I havent really had any nausea or sickness yet princess, just binging constantly :wall: xx

I have had one craving but I'm not sure if it technically was as I didn't actually fancy the thing I was craving until I ate it. I looked in teh fridge and saw an orange. This was the first day in weeks I hadn't felt sick and I thought I'd risk an orange. Then having had one it was like a drug, I needed the rest of them LOL

I stood by the kitchen sink in the dark hungrily slurping oranges. I think Mr B was expecting to find a wolf feeding or some kind of vampire when he came in and turned the light on but it was just me with orange juice dribbling down my chin :lol:

Having finished the 7 oranges we had I moved onto the 5 apples and had to stop after that only because I ran out of fruit :lol:

I think it was a craving but I don't know if it counts as I wasn't actually 'craving' it until I started eating it.

As for the flab/bump debate. I think this is a really difficult time for us preggos. Once you hit 6+ months it's obvious your pregnant but I call this the 'is she isn't she' stage. People aren't sure if you're pregnant or just packing on the pounds a bit :lol:

Luckily I don't see people often enough for them to have to make the decision but I went down to the pool the other day and just felt podgy :(

Ho hum, in a couple of months we'll all be sporting big, baby-shaped bumps :D

As for the flab/bump debate. I think this is a really difficult time for us preggos. Once you hit 6+ months it's obvious your pregnant but I call this the 'is she isn't she' stage. People aren't sure if you're pregnant or just packing on the pounds a bit

yes, Agreed, Loved your craving story, thats so funny :rotfl: At least its a healthy craving and not like mine! x

Hello ladies :wave:

I feel the same! I really ate healthily in the beginning of pregnancy, probs for 2 weeks or so and then craving for all sort of things started. Just had tomato soupd with cheese in it and it isnt even lunch time yet!

Also have funnily gone of one of my favourite foods: waffles (the soft ones...). I ate a whole package two weeks and when OH bought some last week (thinking I would be thrilled) it turned my stomach just seeing them! :talkhand:

I hope I get a healthy eating craving at some point cos my "bump" seems to get bigger by the day!!!

Hello Ladies

I starting having cravings early on! I needed pickled cabbage and garlic mushrooms....then the sickness kicked in and when I threw it all up I went right off the cabbage and mushrooms!!! :puke: :puke: sorry... Can't even stand the thought of these foods without feeling bad!!!

Now I have a thing for Banana crunch corners!! Had 3 yesterday!! and then a vanilla crunch corner.....

Yoghurt and milk!!! They say you crave what you need!! Not sure I need all the extra fat though as I feel so bloated and uncomfortable already and CANNOT do my trousers up!!! :think:

I think the weirdest thing about cravings is that you have to have it....no matter what....your brain will not shut up until you do!!

Who finds that weird things make them feel sick?? I still can't listen to Groovejet from 2000 when I was pregnant with my first child!! or smell Isimiyake perfume???
:puke: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back