Early Testing - Your Thoughts !

SaraJ

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed - Im a newbie !
I can ''officialy'' POAS next wednesday when AF is due. But i am tempted to use one of those early testing sticks this weekend that can be used 4 days before your missed period.
What do you think ? Im desperate to know, but dont want to be disappointed if i get a BFN !

I think that testing early is only an ok idea if you *know* when you ovualted because you use OPKs AND it won't upset you too much to see a BFN.

Otherwise it's a bit futile :)

I did it yesterday. 3 days prior(I think). I am having all these symptoms and couldn't wait. I did the test twice and both the time it showed positive. But when I went to see the Doc it cam neg. I don't know which way to go and a bit confused now. I will suggest you wait if you can. If you do the test and it comes neg don't get disappointed. I guess wrong neg is more common than wrong positive.

i would wait hun cos ive been driving myself mad with testing early cos my hpts are really confusing!!! if you really cat wait then good luck :) xx

Thanks Guys, ill try my best to wait ! Only 6 days to go !!!!!!! (it will be the longest 6 days of my life !) xx

good luck waiting it out hun and fx for that bfp xx

Oooooo I would test hun on sunday, that's 3-4 days before AF arrives. My bfp was 5 daays before my af.
The only thing is, if u get a positive then ull prob was to test every day up until ur af, lol....I did.
Goood luck n hope to see u in Tri 1 x

Good luck Hun :)

I test early but wish I didn't I find it disappointing and if you know early what does it change, you're still going to stress but just over something different lol
If you can wait then wait ( but if you do you've got more will power than me) x x x

Hi hunni i tested 4 days before AF was due, just didnt feel right in myself, used the cheap ones and got 2 faint lines then tested again the day before AF was due, stronger line then tested again saturday just gone and the BFP was stronger than the line to say id pee'd on it right!

Hope you get what you want soon, fingers crossed xxx

first response you can test 6 days before your missed period :D if you do test early let us know how you get on! fx! xx

eta - they are buy one get one free in boots at the moment

Last edited:
If you can hold off - do! Especially with tests that cost a bit like frer, the amount of ladies that get a bfp 6 days before on those is lower than you'd think but increases day by day. Good luck xx

Thanks for advise guys ! I have no will power though - i caved in and bought a ''predictor'' early pregnancy test last night, im gunna test in the morning ! I just dont feel right in myself - something is deffinately going on ''down there'' !!!!! Ill keep you updated !

Well i did the test this morning BFN ! Im gutted ! But im not giving up hope till AF shows up !!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back