Early scan - what to expect?

lea554

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have caved in, and am going for a private scan tomorrow, and I will be 7 weeks and 5 days.

Just wondering if anyone has had a scan this early, and what am I likely to see? I know probably not a lot, and im sure they willl explain it all! I really want to hear a heartbeart as well, especially coz im assuming there wont be much to see!

thank you xxxx

i had a scan at 6 weeks and it was just a little blob. but i could see the little flicker of its heart... :D

You might be lucky and get to see a little flicker of a heartbeat. Dont panic if you dont though as it's not uncommon to not see one till after 8 weeks :)

^^ Mervs mum is right, thats why early pregnancy units normally wait til approx 8 weeks to make sure the pregnancy is viable.

It is quite possible you could see a heartbeat though. We saw baby,heartbeat and the yolk sac

Thank you everyone.

Well, had it today, and it was great - saw a little kidney bean with a heart going like the clappers!
Think it was the first time it had really sunk in for hubby, and he got a bit emotional, bless him!

Bring on the 12 weeks scan!!!
xxx

Fantastic news! How did you arrange it and was it expensive? (if you don't mind me asking). Why did you go for an early scan?

Great news hun, congratulations x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw that's wonderful news! x congrats

aww hunni thats fantastic! :D Cogratulations! xxx

Fantastic news! How did you arrange it and was it expensive? (if you don't mind me asking). Why did you go for an early scan?

Thank you - was amazing, but still know I cant relax fully untill the 12 week one.

Nanc - I payed £49 for an early viability scan, at a place nearish me, which mainly do the 4d scans. It was a lovely place, set up with a big flat screen TV on the wall, and 4 chairs to bring people along to - may get a shock at the NHS one, lol! I wantd one as I had to announce my pregnancy really early at work, so everyone I work with knows already, and I just wanted the reassaurance really that everything is well so far. Just piece of mind really - and I got about 6 pictures, one of them was 3d, but literally, it looks like a lil kidney bean, lol!
xxxxxx

Oh Lea, Only just seen this post, OH HUGE Congratulations!!!!! Thats the BEST news!!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: xxxx

I'm so happy for you! I'm very tempted to get one myself after my 20 week scan. Iit's such a long wait between then and d-day, i'd love to see how bambino's doing in that time!

and I got about 6 pictures, one of them was 3d, but literally, it looks like a lil kidney bean, lol!
xxxxxx

get those pics up soon!

Thank you - was amazing, but still know I cant relax fully untill the 12 week one.

Nanc - I payed £49 for an early viability scan, at a place nearish me, which mainly do the 4d scans. It was a lovely place, set up with a big flat screen TV on the wall, and 4 chairs to bring people along to - may get a shock at the NHS one, lol! I wantd one as I had to announce my pregnancy really early at work, so everyone I work with knows already, and I just wanted the reassaurance really that everything is well so far. Just piece of mind really - and I got about 6 pictures, one of them was 3d, but literally, it looks like a lil kidney bean, lol!
xxxxxx
Thanks Lea. I am going to ask my midwife about it on tues. I would love one, and the price is great, esp. if the place is nice. Good on ya! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back