• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early scan this morning...

KateQPR

Reaction score
And we saw a little heartbeat! God i wanted to cry. I was so convinced there wouldn't be one. It's the size of a peanut!!

It actually all feels so much more real now. Trouble is i'm trying to keep some sort of emotional distance from it all until i hit the 12 week mark after i got my fingers so burnt with the m/c. It's like i don't want to start daydreaming or thinking too much about the realities until i'm convinced this one will stick. Anyone else feel like that?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on flying in pregnancy. I'd love to book a holiday in sept (when hopefully i'd be 13 / 14 weeks) but am so scared so bringing on a miscarraige. I've tried to do some searches on it but nothing seems totally conclusive that theres totally no risk.

Just had two choc ices. Yay!

kate

Hi Hun

I am sooooo happy for you :D

I am actually going away on 16 September; I'll be about 15-16 weeks! 2nd tri is definitely the best time to fly! I wouldn't worry too much hun; the break will do you good.

:hug:

Hooray! So glad everything is looking good for you.

I've just booked a private scan for Thursday morning (as I won't even get a 12 week on here in Bristol) I'm so nervous but trying to be brave like you and the others have been!

+++

I am going away when I'll be 11 weeks. I've asked Doc, Midwife & consultant (just to make sure!!) and they all said not a problem to fly. my doc suggested taking aspirin 3 days before & after each flight. I had an early scan too, I am trying not to think about it too much so as I don't get too attached - not until the 12 wk point. Good luck :hug:

I've flown twice already, once at 4 weeks just after I found out, and then again at 6 weeks to go on holiday! Am flying again this weekend and due to go away in October too when I'l be about 24 weeks.....

Irronically, this is the one year I seem to be flying multiple times!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back