Early scan on NHS?

Ray

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know if you can get an early scan (say, 7-8 weeks) on the NHS if you've had a miscarriage in the past?

If not, any advice on how to arrange a private one?

Thanks x

Hi,

I had 2 miscarriages before and I got an early scan, but that was only because I had bad pains and bleeding at about ten weeks. Sometimes they will do one if you're feeling very anxious. It's worth asking I'd have thought.xx

Hi Ray, if you go to your gp/doctor, they will refer you to a midwife, and if you let them know you have had a miscarriage in the past they should be able to arrange an early scan for you (reassurance scan i think they might be called). I've seen girls on here have them :). Also i have seen a few private companies who do scans and early ones. If you google pregnancy scans in your area it may come up with something. x

Hi ray, I saw a nurse at my docs and she got an epu form signed up for me for an early scan.

Ah ok great, thanks for letting me know. I have my GP appointment this afternoon so I will ask her then! xx

hiya i couldnt get a early one on nhs so i had to go private, cost me £90 but was well worth it x

I had a private one at 9 weeks, cost £50 and worth every penny :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it depends at the time, after my 1st 2 miscarriages when i was pregnant with my 3rd child they just atomatically booked me in for early scans, i had one at 6 weeks 8 weeks and 10 weeks then teh booking in one at 12 weeks, but then after having 2 more children then a further 3 miscaraiges i didn't get ofered an early reassuring scan but booking in scan had altered from 12 weeks to 8/10 weeks and they got me booked in for the 8 weeks so early scan as booking in scan then. was found to be 10 weeks which was great as i skipped 2 weeks and skipped the worse 2 weeks as thats the weeks i had my latest miscarraige. how many weeks are you when you have your booking in as my hospital is still 8/10 weeks so you may not need to pay for a private scan.

you should be able to.. they are called reassurance scans, the NHS do do them!! The Early Pregnancy Unit is who you need to contact or see if your GP will refer, but unless you have concerns they may not refer you. If your going to go private you should find something on the net or in yellow pages xx

We have suffered two missed miscarriages and the EPDU have been a fabulous source of strength and comfort. Pregnant for the third time, expecting our first, we have always gone through the NHS.

I recommend you speaking to your doctor to recommend you to EPDU. After your first visit, you are likely to be able to book the next appointments directly with EDPU!

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

I am having one tomorrow after 2 MC, am still really anxious but all i had to do was ask the gp about it and she arranged it all.

I think you can although a majority of hospitals and soca normally do offer an early scan there's no harm in asking your doctor or midwife when you see them next

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back