Early or late?

floppit

Reaction score
Another thread got me thinking about whether other people would like to be early or late giving birth? I don't mean seriously in either direction, not enough to make a difference to the kid but in the due month is it just me who wouldn't mind being a little on the late side?

I think I'm going to love being a mum, I'm looking forward to her arrival but at the same time I'm loving this random bit of holiday! I'm FINALLY getting some of the needed jobs done around the house, not to mention visiting friends and family and having time to cook myself a full brekky (and make myself HUGE banana milkshakes on a whim!). I know motherhood is just round the corner but I'm enjoying where I am right now too.

Does everyone want to be early or is there anyone else out there wouldn't mind being a week or two late?

i was hoping to be early!!
but i know what you mean now.. enjoy the time you have left because once baby is here its NON STOP!!
i was 2 weeks late and so fed up but now i wish id have enjoyed it more :)

hello
I am hoping she is on scedule.

maybe a week late would be good, early is not good as she is a bit small for my dates and I want her to be healthy.

I have loads to do but yes enjoying this quiet time just doing jobs in house and going on pregnancy forum, for some reason I have not got that lonely
x

I wont mind if on time, prefer not late though. I am enjoying my mat leave too and would like a few more weeks to see friends and tidy up before baby arrives!!!

I'd like LO to be early..obviously not enough to make a difference-maybe 2 or 3 days would be nice. i'm soooo impatient so I know i'll be fed up if I end up 2 weeks overdue. :evil:
Plus I was thinking of finishing work at 38 weeks so i could get the 2 weeks easter holiday pay before maternity leave starts-I ended up not risking working so late and missed out on the pay so if I go overdue I'll be thinking...'why didn't I put up with work for a 3 more weeks'''i'd still have had a decent few weeks before baby came plus 2 weeks full pay extra!!' :D

I might change my mind when I get to my due date of course...

It's weird though, not knowing if it'll be in a couple of days or a month - I STILL haven't got my bag ready!

Early!!!!!
I'd like baby to come out as soon as he or she is healthy - and not a moment longer :rotfl:
My maternity leave starts on 6th April (I'm signed off sick at the moment, then I'm on holiday) so that seems like a good day to have baby. I'd be 37 weeks and a day. My Dad's birthday's the 5th and my brother's is the 7th so it would be an expensive week :rotfl:
I can't stand the idea that I might not have baby until May - I refuse to entertain the idea. I WILL have baby in April. And as soon as I have baby all the pain in my pelvis and hips will disappear and I will be able to walk / sit / lie down.

I'd like a little late... one week late to be exact - 6th April - ! Then Wiggle will be born exactly 9 months after the wedding :cheer:

BUT I am a really impatient person, so if I am late I know that as soon as I go over 30th March I'll be tapping my feet and checking my watch until Wiggle comes.

Never happy, me :?

i'd like bang on time please otherwise we will both be sitting about not earning for no reason and thinking we could have made another 2 weeks wages!!!!

I would like a little bit early. I am all prepared now and and whilst I am enjoying the time to myself, I am just eager to get the labour over and done with and meet my little one.
I have higher than normal amniotic fluid which often means an earlier delivery...as long as baby is healthy, I am fine with that.

id like to be a couple of weeks early :pray: The waiting is killing me, i want my baby :cheer: and apart from that im completely knackered physically, and i keep crying for no reason. Not yer normal crying you understand, im hysterically sobbing a lot, lol :oops: and i t goes on for ages when i start. Ive just had enough now, and i cant wait for my bubs :D

I think on time would be nice, not early. I dont finish work till this thursday, and am quite looking forward to having a rest before she makes her big entrance.
Plus i would like to have a bit of a clear out/clean out of the flat ready.

I thought I wouldnt mind if Bean came a bit late so I could enjoy my maternity leave, but 2 weeks after finishing work and I just want something to happen! Am getting the jitters sitting about waitng! The house is very clean though :lol:

I'm in 2 minds. I really want to meet my LO, but i don't want it to be too early or late for the homebirth i'm after.
Also, if it's around it's due date then my mum will be off work and my brother off school - and my sister will be away so they'd have somewhere to go whilst i'm in labour which would be handy...

I am very impatient though, and would like less aches and pains....

Right on time would be best- but I reckon I'll go over by at least a few days! It will be the longest wait of my life- I'm so impatient once I know a deadline has passed!

I can see mine being late...

Hopefully not as late as fathers day though

i want him here then

I did want to be early, but now OH is talking about knocking down walls and decorating I think I'd better be late! :shock:

Bloody male nesting would have to involve dust and mess wouldn't it! :shakehead:

I want mine as early as possible without risking it's health.

Before I found out I was pregnant (2 days beore!!!!) I booked and paid for a very expensive holiday in the States with all my family comming along, I organised the holiday and coordinated it so everyone could get the required time off work.

If my baby comes on time it wil be 7 weeks old when we go!!!! If It comes late, well, you do the math. If I have to have a C-section and baby is late, I;m basically screwed as I won;t be able to fly!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back