Early morning waking.

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

Antonio used to go to bed at 6pm and would be up and awake the next morning at 5-5.30am. OH and I have now tried to keep him up longer (till about 7pm) so he doesnt wake up till 6-7am but he gets sooooooo grumpy!!!! to the point that he wont even eat his dinner becuase he is to tired (we changed dinner time from 4pm to 5pm) We have tried EVERYTHING to keep him awake as long as possible and although he does stay awake he is a nightmare and just screams and screams as he is so tired.

Does anyone else have this problem? How did you manage to change their routine so they sleep in a bit more the following morning?

Think the above is more of a moan as im tired but if any one does have any suggestions id really appreciate it.

T xx

Even now with Ricky being 15 months if I want to adapt his sleep routine I do it slowly over a few nights, sometimes starting at keeping him up just 10 minutes later then gradually increasing through the week. It can be a drag but their routines are so firmly set that it's as if they have an internal body clock which needs fine tuning.
The clocks going back affected Ricky a lot this year, he was tired at 6 (usually goes to bed 7-7) and waking 5.30. It's all sorted now but we did have to slowly increase the amount of time we kept him up. Sometimes (like last night) he's ready for bed at 6.30 and I can't keep him up, luckily he still slept til 6 which isn't too bad.
rather than trying to keep him up by entertaining him I just move his bathtime by 15mins as I find he just wants to be left alone once bedtime comes so it's hard to keep him up later any other way.
Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back