Falling asleep too early

DW1978

Reaction score
Jax is so tired in the early evenings, we can't keep him awake. I'm not sure if him going to bed too early effects his mornings but he is usually awake around 5.30/6am. I don't know what to do about it or if I should be doing anything? Tonight he's gone to bed at 5.40pm as he was just falling asleep on us and cried if we tried to keep him awake. I tried to get him to nap at 3.30/4pm but he wouldn't drop off. Ant ideas/tips about how we could make his bed time a little later?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Elexia is the same hun, even though she has a nap around 4ish for about 30mins we cant give her a bath any later than 6 otherwise she just screams. Her waking up about 6ish in the morning suits our routine so im not trying to change her natural routine.
The only way i can think of is to gradually try and shift things, you could start by giving his morning feed slightly later if possible and that should start to shift times the times of his later feeds, the only thing is it will take a while to make any real difference x x

Kynon has a nap around this time and then wakes around 7 when I bath him then bed when he decides which seems to be about 10ish, although he's never slept through and is still like a bloody newborn waking every 1-3 hours he does go back down and he gets up at 8am for the day.

That's the thing, he's not hungry as soon as he wakes up so I don't usually feed him till 7.30am ish anyway! I'm not too bothered about the early mornings as Lennon gets up at 6am anyway and on weekdays I need to get up then to get ready before school.

Sarah, Jax is still waking 2 or 3 times a night for milk hun so you're not alone :)

Grace goes to bed at 7:30 after a nap and wakes for the day about 8am
She had a nap about 4 for an hour & half but that has taken a few weeks to get into place she would just fight it constantly, she still wakes for at least 1 feed in the night usually about 3am. When she wasn't napping the afternoon we found she woke more in the night and struggled to stay awake for OH getting home at 6pm

Maybe if you keep trying a late afternoon nap he may well be awake a little later, it'll take some perseverance though

Sarah, Jax is still waking 2 or 3 times a night for milk hun so you're not alone :)

Sometimes it feels like he's the only one lol! If it's working out in the morning for you at that time I guess it dent matter when he goes down too much.

Owen goes
Bed at 6.00pm ish and wakes between 5.30 and 6.00 usually x

Sometimes it feels like he's the only one lol! If it's working out in the morning for you at that time I guess it dent matter when he goes down too much.

Last night he woke 4 times! 7pm, 9.15pm, 1am and 4am and drank 5oz of milk each time so he's obviously still pretty hungry at night!

Have you tried a nightlight to try and get him back off to sleep?

No, not tried a night light. I will have to try and find one x

I have a Winnie the pooh one and I turn it on lasts for 10 mins and my lo used to fall asleep watching it. He still has it now in his room but can set it off himself should he want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back