Early Heartbeat Question

ejhedgehog

Reaction score
what is the earliest you have heard your babies heartbeat at the doctors?
I mean on a doppler thingy, not an ultra sound.

we cant wait to hear the heartbeat (OH will burst into tears i KNOW it!! :D ) just wondering how long we have to wait.

thanks

I think heartbeat can be heard around 15 weeks. I have midwife appointment on Wed and midwife is going to try hear heartbeat :cheer:

Hi and congrats :D

Well the MW when you go for AN don't tend to try to hear the heartbeat till about 14/15 weeks she listerned for mine at my last AN and i was 14+ weeks, not sure in other areas, but if you get your own doppler you can with a little time and looking hear the heatbeat from 8/9 weeks, i herd my son's at 8 weeks and the baby i am carrying now at 9 weeks, but can be a little tricky to find, but it can be done, and now im 15 weeks you can find and hear it no problem

Hope that helps :D

I didn't hear the heartbeat at my 11 week scan, but I did see it pounding away.

was very moving xx

i was sure it was earlier than that... hmmnn.....

well thanks ladies, can anyone recommend a home doppler then?
they sound fun! :D

My mw wouldnt listen to the heartbeat at 17 weeks. she said the gov had changed the regulations because a lot of mums were panicing if they didnt hear the heartbeat earlier on. i still havnt heard it :cry: (but did see it beating away at my scan last week :D )

I havent heard anybody else say the same as my mw :think: ive got my next AN in 2 weeks and she is going to try then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back