Dyson hoovers - advice please!

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
We are moving out and need a hoover.. we are fans of Dysons... BUT we don't have much space to put the hoover so we are thinking about one of their compact ones.. like this sort of thing
382159.jpg

are these as good as the upright ones? would you recommend any type of thing? it's a lot of money so we need to buy the right sort of thing...

it's not a huge house and we won't have any pets (if that makes a difference)

I've got the DC08 Telescope Wrap animal cyclinder and its great. I have a 2 bed bungalow thats not that big so its perfect for us. It fits lovely in my little broom cupboard. Its very compact. I've never had a Dyson upright though so I have no comparsion, but it works wonders on my carpets.
They are a lot of money. I debated about getting one for weeks but within 2 minutes of using it I knew I had made the right decision! I use mine almost daily :lol: (I have pets though so I need too!)

we have the one like in the piccie,its one that is made exclusively for comet.
it was the first dyson i have ever had,i have never used uprights as i never got on with them but think my cylinder dyson is fab!
great for picking up pet hairs and sawdust!
no nasty bags to empty and suction is great,our was about £279.99,they get a good gaurantee on them aswell! well worth the money!!

I've got that one. It's FAB FAB FAB! wouldn't be without it :D

I personally love my Hetty..........

hetty.jpg

She makes me want too hoover because of the little "Feeeeeed meeeeeee" look on her face.

We have got one of those can not remember which one but we got it as we live in a small house and we had the upright one to start with but had no where really to store it but with this one it just lives under the stairs and out the way. Highly recommended by me. :cheer:

I've had two dysons now and wouldnt have another one to be honest, I think they are great when they are first new but after that they are crap... over rated and too expensive for what they are!!!

MrsBrightside said:
I've had two dysons now and wouldnt have another one to be honest, I think they are great when they are first new but after that they are crap... over rated and too expensive for what they are!!!

Me too! We are on our third and it has just broken this week so certainly wont be getting another. They are great when new and the suction is ace, but after a while you will notice they are just cheap plastic and the assembly is terrible. All 3 of ours have fallen apart with pieces just breaking off and cracking really easily. Gonna go for something a bit more robust this time, just not sure what yet...

I've used Dysons before (5 of them of different types) and would not touch them with a barge pole again. They lose power after a while and always seem to go wrong once the guarantee runs out.

They just don't last as long as some other makes and you end up spending a fortune to replace.

We got a Miele cylinder one this time, not cheap, £170 but the reviews were fantastic and the brand is known for lasting a lot longer than most of the others out there, including Dyson.

I'd personally save your pennies, go read some reviews and buy a Miele ;) Dysons look pretty but pretty does not mean good and long lasting.

lisa282 said:
MrsBrightside said:

Me too! We are on our third and it has just broken this week so certainly wont be getting another. They are great when new and the suction is ace, but after a while you will notice they are just cheap plastic and the assembly is terrible. All 3 of ours have fallen apart with pieces just breaking off and cracking really easily. Gonna go for something a bit more robust this time, just not sure what yet...

May I go out on a limb here and suggest/recommened a Miele?

We just got the Cat & Dog TT 5000 and are finding it brilliant. Also the family I used to nanny for had 2 Dysons in 2 years and both kept going wrong so the hubby did his homework and bought a Miele cylinder. That was 2 years ago and they have never had a problem with it. We read reviews etc and it tops everything else out there IMHO.

i LOVE my dyson!
I've had no problems with it at alll!

my mum and dad have had theirs years and it's still as good as new!!!!

May I go out on a limb here and suggest/recommened a Miele?

We just got the Cat & Dog TT 5000 and are finding it brilliant. Also the family I used to nanny for had 2 Dysons in 2 years and both kept going wrong so the hubby did his homework and bought a Miele cylinder. That was 2 years ago and they have never had a problem with it. We read reviews etc and it tops everything else out there IMHO.

You may pay more for a Miele at the start but my parents have a miele washer, dryer and hoover!!!!!!

they are all brilliant and I will be buying a miele hoover next, to be honest when you look at the price of dysons I know what I would rather spend my money on!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back