Dyson?

Yodabo

Reaction score
Has anyone got one? Are they worth the money? Which is better, upright or the floor ones? Can you recommend which type as there's quite a few out, I quite like the ball ones! I have mainly wood floors if that helps?

Thanks in advance!

I had one I can't remember if it was the Dc04 or Dc05. It was ok when it worked but the filters kept getting clogged up and I was forever having to take it apart and clean them. Ended up getting a Miele with dig cat attachment which has been really powerful and a lot less fuss.

However I know of other people who swear by their Dyson and had a better time than me.

I've got one. I've had two personally - the DC07 upright (which is still in perfect working order, is about 6 years old now, I just had to replace it as I couldn't manage to carry it up the three flights of stairs in my old home)

I now have the DC20 - Animal, which is a cylinder vacuum and that does brilliantly. I had had 5 cats since owning it 2 of whom are big shedders and both my ex and my fiancé lose hair at an alarming rate and it handles that well (although I do have to untangle the brush bar because my fiancé loses hair by the handful)

My mother had a DC01 upright which survived two Alsatians; one of whom had a condition which led to the complete loss of her fur and an excessive amount of dead skin shedding.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to do a repair for a flat fee of about £76 where they would come out, check all the parts and replace all of them that were worn out/not working for that fee. I remember my mum having hers pretty much completely renovated under that scheme over the decade she had it.

The cylinders come with a multi floor tool that works well; my previous flats were partially laminate and then all but one room laminate and it handled them really well. There are a variety of brushes and attachments you can buy for various jobs and they come with several.

They are designed in a very modular way, so if there is a blockage you can easily get to it and replacement parts/spare are easily available online.

I would never have a different make of vacuum. When I left home I had a succession of vacuums that kept dying on me, bought my Dyson upright and as I say, it's still going strong now (I gave it to a relative :) )

Thanks both! Still undecided on an upright or cylinder though! You can't go under couches with the upright though can you. Perhaps I'd be better with a cylinder, thats what I've been used too! Fancied an upright though lol

i love my dyson, ive had 2 and my mums had a couple. i got her old one when i moved out and if you clean the filters out by washing them and drying them properly its a must have for pet owners lol. my brother currently has the one that was mine and my mums, its been with us thru 4 houses and 15 yrs or so. my current one is upright and ive had it for about 7 yrs, and its still going strong despite an inept ex breaking the hose, and the mechanism for emptying it. bit of gaffer tape works wonders. we always found them to be worth their money.

I have the dc14 upright. If I was buying again I would make sure it had adjustable brush bar and possibly go for the rollerball cos it's easier to push xx

I'm on my 2nd and defo recommend. Only on my 2nd because I blew the first one up by hoovering up a rug by accident lol

I have no idea which I have/had. First one was pink & purple, limited edition for a leukemia charity I think, the 2nd is the standard grey/yellow (the cheapest). It's really good, you have to clean the filter regular to keep the suction the same, but if you do that their statement of not losing suction is true! And our house is always filled with sand because of walking our dog on the beach twice a day and the hoover is still going strong after 4 years and I hoover most days thanks to the dog lol

We've got the dyson ball ( it's the dc24) it's an upright multi floor and it's amazing. We have no problems going under the couch as I just use the bendy tube with brush attachment. They are expensive but the warantee is 5 years on most of the new models. It recently stopped working after 2 years, husband got in touch with dyson and it's been replaced with no issues, in fact it arrived today so took about a week from us contacting them to it getting replaced

I think i might go for that one Frankie! Thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back