DTD and when should we?

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
This cycle we have been DTD every other day plus using preseed.
But by doing this, its saying my 'rest' day is my highly fertile day.... so should we just dtd that day and the days eater side? Or keep it to every other day to help the little guys rejuvenate ?
Heres a pic of my chart... should we do it on the 23rd not do it on the 24th then do it on the 25th,26th and 27th.
I just don't want his swimmers to be watered down on my most fertile days

EDIT: For people that don't use FF the little blue triangles mean we have DTD! :)

Attachments

• 13823593_10157694911700355_1734599458_n.png.jpg
    13823593_10157694911700355_1734599458_n.png.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
From what I understand between FF and what I've read you should dtd when you get that almost positive opk and your positive day. FF encourages dtd 3 days before ovulation, every day. We did every other day and used preseed this last cycle too. I'm 12dpo waiting for AF. Going to dtd when my opk gets semi pink, not wait for the blazing positive.

The problem with fertility apps is they work on algorithms /averages based on data you've entered. If you sre irregular like me the app really is a guesstimate and it is nearly always wrong on the peak days to BD. My OV days have been 23, 15, 18, 19 and 20 and from 28 -36 days in length. The OPKs show what is really happening so when the lines get darker, I'd get BDing every day and then some! :p. You know on the temp rise day that's the last day with any chance. Hope this helps and good luck :)

Last edited:
I haven't been temping , last month I was so ill My temperature was all over the place.. I kinda got out of the habbit :/ My cycles are always 28 days from day 1 to day 1. But I don't know if I ov exactly 14 days in? I check my cervix and cm... Atm its watery Cm and high , firm and closed. So no idea x

Like Pambi said these apps do just 'estimate'.. When i first started using FF, like yours it said I would ovulate on CD14 as my cycles are also always 28 days.. however when I started using opks, I didn't get a positive until CD 17.. This month I've been taking B6 & Vitex and been temping - I had a positive today CD14 and temperature drop yesterday and today so thinking they may have helped to regulate it!

Do you use opks? I just got mine off ebay, very cheap but do the job! :)

Last edited:
Yeah I use them, but I always get two surges a month so I get really confused..I think I need to take vitamins too. I'm going to go and get some later, hopefully they will help me out.
For the third month in a row I've had a mini period on day 14.
Feeling pretty deflated at the moment.x

With the vitamins. Do you take them all through your cycle ?
Or just up to a certain time?

I take multivitamins through the whole cycle, It's all trial and error and I'm sure different things work for different people. The mini period is strange - never heard of that.. is it's just spotting or a heavy flow? xx

It's a light flow but it's definitely red. Enough to wear a tampon for two days, I'm going to take a trip to Holland and barrats later, just wanted to make sure I won't do any damage taking it at the wrong time x

No, I dont think you can do any damage with vitamins unless you take too much but even then you have to take a lot! xx

Last edited:
Okay cool , I know with angus castus and dongquai that can effect early pregnancy so i didn't know if these would be the same.
I just got home, and even though I am having a mini period I've got a stronger line on a opk, Top one was from this morning,
bottom one from just now, But Im still bleeding...
Ill keep testing through out the day, can't dtd anymore until tomorrow unfortunately so hopefully I won't o till tomorrow

Attachments

• 13820800_10157710210370355_1908532649_n.jpg
    13820800_10157710210370355_1908532649_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member