Drying up?

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
The last couple of days jess dont seem to be satisfied unless i top her up with formula. She sucks one boob really hard then has a paddy so i offer the other which she sucks until its sore then gets angry with that boob. I really dont want to give her formula but i dont like seeing her hungry. I started the progesterone pill last week could this have anything to do with it? Also she's not actually feeding for very long on either boob so its not taking long to run dry and breast pads dont really get wet now either.

Your milk supply is at the stage where it's just starting to settle to your DDs needs, so you will stop leaking so much. Don't be discouraged if your boobs feel softer also, as this is normal.

Around 6-8 weeks babies go through a big growth spurt and will seem fractious and like they're constantly feeding. If you can manage not to top up and just let her feed as often as she wants (swapping as often as needed) then it should end soon and your supply should be boosted enough to meet her new demands. If you top up then your boobs are not stimulated to produce more milk, therefore you wont be able to produce what she needs and you'll get into the vicious circle of constantly topping up.

Growth spurts are hard work, I'm sure that's what is going on, but I don't have any experience of the pill so am not sure what effect that has on milk supply.

Good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back