Dry skin

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Orlando has dry skin patches all over him, what can I put on it?

They say olive oil is the best just dab it on with cotton wool x

Olive oil is really good because its 100% natural, and really good for the skin. We use baby oil too on caleb xx

My HV said E45 was fine too, use it for Sophia and her skin is lovely :)

We use grape seed oil and sunflower oil at baby massage which is good too x

We use that johnsons spray oil. Not oily at all, ifu know what I mean and sinks into skin leaving it soft!!

I used olive oil and it worked great! He still has a few patches on his face and it looks like he is now getting cradle cap, i was told to put it on his head an hour before bathtime to soften it and then wash it off x

we used Johnsons Baby lotion, seemed to work fine, she's got lovely skin now, also put Johnsons Naturals Baby Bath in her bath, its really made a difference, no dry skin at all now :)

Hey hun....olive oil is fab for after bath....we also use Oilatum in the bath! Have done since birth and LO skin is silky smooth! (don't use olive oil anymore)!

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

i used to put a bit of aqueous cream into his bath which seemed to work for us! i think most newborns tend to get a bit of dry skin but i dont think it will last long xxx

I'm not sure if Orlando would be too young but I got recommended a cream called Aveeno, it's got colloidal oatmeal in it and it's really helped Emily's skin. But as Amy said most newborns have dry patches and it'll probably go quite quickly.
X

I have been putting olive in Fin's bath as well as on the dry skin in the morning....seems to be clearing up well xxx

Jack's belly was like sand paper until he was about 9 weeks old, it was awful! We used olive oil for the first few weeks and then went onto baby oil. Since about 3 months old Jack's had moisturiser all over his body every night after his bath (we use johnsons bedtime range) and ordinary johnsons moisturiser on his face because the bedtime cream reacts on his face. His skin is now beautiful! x

I've been using Johnsons baby moisturiser which midwife said is fine, or baby lotion is good but I haven't used that yet. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back