Dr's and nhs direct

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So orlando still has the sniffles I am not overly worried but wanted some advice on what to do. So rang my dr's and no one answered the phone so I rang nhs direct and there is a 6 hour wait for a nurse call back :shock: good job I ain't overly worried

The 6 hour wait might be because it's a cold iykwim? If it was say suspected meningitis I think they'd get hold of someone a lot quicker!

Oh yeah for sure!

They just rang back anyway! I can't do anything not even saline drops :-( poor snotty face baby

They are rubbish. I was waiting for a MW on Wednesday to do some blood tests on Vincent and weigh him, they completely forgot to come, and my GP was supposed to call or pay a visit too, never heard from him.

If its bad and interfering with feeding I think you can use calpol's nasal spray from birth. You can also try one of those nasal aspirators if really bad- again think they are suitable from birth although the saline might be enough on it's own.

No saline drops? There r some brands that say suitable from birth to use im sure?

Http://www.multipharmacy.com/shop/customer/Calpol-Saline-Nasal-Spray-Suitable-From-Birth-15ml-pid-11638.html

? X

He propped his moses up last night and he slept but kept coughing :-(

Nasal aspirations are fantastic! Gross, but brilliant. Also saline drops are usually suitable from birth. Just keep the Moses basket propped up and give him lots of fresh air. Poor little mite. :(

Well I put a bowl of water on radiator today and it seems to have helped. Also I have kept a tissue with Vicks on in the same room cos I figured then I am not giving it directly to him also when we went out I put the tissue in the car he he and then in the basket on his pram. He seems less snotty so fx it has helped

Try taking him into the bathroom when OH takes a shower (or vice versa). The steam from the shower will help break up the mucus stuff. Give him a feed afterwards and he should be able to feed a bit better as he shouldn't be as blocked.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

The steam thing is good, I took Phoebe in the bathroom with me in her bouncer while I had a bath when she had a cold. The doctor prescribed saline drops for her though and she was only 2 weeks old. He said they were okay to have from birth xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back