Poorly Baby

twinkle84

Reaction score
Im really worried about my baby! He has a bit of a cold, but hes being sick after most of his feeds, brings it all back up and now he doesnt even want any milk, just an oz here and then (bottle fed) I have rang NHS direct and been to the docs with him to put my mind at rest! They say as long as he getting some fluids (can do cooled boiled water too) and that he has wet nappies he will be ok! But I still cant help worrying! Anyone else had this with their babys and how long it last for? Thanks xx

My Lilly got a bug a few weeks ago and she was sicky too. I think it just lasts for as long as baby feels shitty for :) I mean, I always think about how i feel when i'm ill, grumpy, low appetite, sleepy etc. He'll be fine within the week i expect :D

xxx

Last edited:
Thanks and its nothing to worry about even if he is refusing feed or only have an oz or so! I keep giving him water! Sorry I know I should trust doctors x

hi hun
noa had a cold n keept being sick but he ate well tho. it took 2 weeks to get rid of it, just make sure hes propa hydrated

xx

Paige is still getting over her cold but the past week shes barely eaten (she had 14oz one day and I had to get up in the night and slowly give her water while she just lay there on the bed :( ) and was puking loads. Shes barely been able to breath at some points. You just feel so helpless! I have to say, I dont trust NHS direct at all. At one point her temp was gtting quite high during the day, around 38.7 but then at around 9pm it got to 39.5 and they told me to wait an hour (!!!!!) for a nurse to ring me back. We told them to shove it and we went to a&e. Pillocks. They actually discouraged us from getting her seen.

If you feel like he really is getting ill though dont feel silly about taking him back to be seen by someone. Better to look silly about nothing than have him get really ill because you didnt want to take him back :)

Thanks so much for that! Hes temp is ok at the mo thank god, but has only had 6oz of milk in total today and a couple of oz of water! NHS direct rang us in an hour too, no good if its urgent, what did they do/say at a&e? Its just awful! xx

They said that her temp was still quite high but just give her paracetamol (Id been giving her ibuprofen) 4 times a day as well as ibuprofen 3 times a day and see how she goes. Her temperature had gone down because it was -2 outside and I had her in just an undone vest and a small sheet covering her in the carseat lol. They gave us paracetamol there and I thought they would have told us to wait an hour and check her again but nope, just sent us on our way. I have to say, Im a little disappointed by doctors recently.

Its good that you've managed to get an oz or two of water in him. That will really help. Have you used saline spray for his nose? It really helped Paige as it meant she could have her bottle. Maybe clearing his nose a tiny bit would stop the mucus (eeww) so maybe help him being sick?

Hope he's better soon Hun xx

Thanks again, great being able to speak (well type) to people who understand! He is really sleepy too, was Paige? Aw dear, not great was it? But at least she is getting better now. Totally understand (I have lost all faith too) Yes have got some Saline stuff today so will try that! Just want my happy chappy back! xx

Paige couldnt stay awake for longer than half an hour at a time and then slept and she just looked tired and sorry for herself. Sounds like hes got something very similar if not the same as Paige. Its horrible I really feel for him :( Yes saline stuff is fantastic. Also, if his sleep starts to get disturbed, I got a calpol vapouriser for her room and I think it really helped, as well as raising the head end of cot. I really hope he gets better soon though. Its so awful when theres nothing you can do. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back