Dropping his night bottle & routine

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

When did you start dropping your LO's night bottle? Im still giving Antonio his 10.30pm feed and diddnt know if I should drop this bottle now that hes eating more? I still dreamfeed him his night bottle and he excepts it every time, I cant ever see him refusing it as he sleeps through it and takes it all without realising.

What rountine did you use when you dropped your LO's bottle?

At the moment his rountine is as follows:-

8am - 6oz bottle (but he only takes 5oz)
9am -He has Breakfast - Cereal and yogart.
11.30ish - 6oz bottle (again only takes 5oz)
1pm - Lunch - mushey veg and yogart
3pmish - 6oz bottle (only takes 5oz)
5ish - Dinner - mushey veg and a fruit rice pudding
6.30pm - 6oz bottle (only takes 5oz)
10.30pm -8oz bottle and he takes all of that!

Because I worry that he doesnt have enough milk during the day I give him an 8oz bottle at night becuase i can be sure he will drink it all.

What can I do to get him to drink more in the day so that I can drop his night bottle? Should I just go for it and see what happens, if he doesnt have his night bottle surely he will drink more in the day?

Any help appreciated.

T xx

I would just go for it. We accidentally dropped that feed at 3 months and she never woke for it. Interestingly enough she started taking more in the day so you might find this will happen automatically. Good luck! :hug:

daftscotslass said:
I would just go for it. We accidentally dropped that feed at 3 months and she never woke for it. Interestingly enough she started taking more in the day so you might find this will happen automatically. Good luck! :hug:

Ive just given him his feed and put him to bed (he fell asleep on me bless)

He did take 6oz this time rather than 5 which is good. Just hope he doesnt wake up at 3am wanting more milk!! Im going to go for it and see what happens.

Fingers crosses.

T xx

We dropped the dream feed about 6 months and she never missed it. She recently dropped the bedtime feed which was a bit more tricky as it messed her routine up but we have a story instead and after a couple of days she accepted that was the new routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back