dropped?

Jadie

Reaction score
Hello girls,

I am 36 weeks pregnant today, when is it normal for the baby to engage?

How does it feel?

I have woke up today and can feel him moving around further down than normal!

could this mean an early birth? I feel great, no other signs of an impending birth!

may be its all in my head and i will really know when he drops!

jadie!

I think it is perfectly normal at 36 weeks. when I last went to my midwife the head was down but not engaged and I was 35 weeks at the time. I had been having period type pains the few days before and the midwife confirmed this can be due to the baby moving further down and your ligaments etc are stretching.

I dont think it indicates an early birth though.

hiya,

Thanks for your reply!

He is still kicking me in the same places so I guess he has not moved any where!!!

thanks again!

jadie

My midwife said yesterday that 36 weeks is about the time they move down!

L x

Yea my LO was down at 36 wks. Im starting to feel alot of pressure now!

Hi honey,
Its usual for it to have dropped but I dont think labour will come any quicker or sooner. I think its okay to start drinking the raspberry tea now though :D

I didn't feel mine drop and didn't feel any pressure or anything and she was just born with no warning at 37 weeks

Thanks for your help!

Not long now, although it does seem like it!!!

is everyone ready?

Jadie

babys head has been down for ages, but m/w says not officially engaged - getting a bit worried as it seems to be moving more and i thought the movements were supposed to lessen as you get closer to the birth as theeres not much room left?

almost ready now jade, cant believe i still have 2 weeks to go in work! - i musta been mad to decide to work to 38 weeks! lol - no holidays to use, so will have to persevere, cant wait for my leaving doo tho :lol:

shamu

my baby is still moving loads too, I sometimes think his foot is going to break out of the skin!

Yea my lil man has quietened down.......but to alot of ppl he'd be very active as hes been like the tazmanian devil since 18 weeks! Hes getting more noticable hickups though! lol

I have also noticed hip cups now! I feel so sorry for the little fella, I want to make them stop!

I know im not that bad...it really makes me chuckle (prob cos i dont mind hick-ups) but my OH really gets quite upset lol cos he hates them, he strokes my belly with a worried look in his eyes saying "awwwwww I dont like it, he wont know whats happening, will he be ok?" hes such a big softy my oh!

Mine seems to be getting hiccups a lot at the moment too!!

my OH keeps saying he wants it to be over now, he wants to see the baby! he is bored of waiting!

But I know it could be ages yet, and I am not ready!!!!!!!

Mine just keeps offering to help bring labour on!!! :roll:

Suppose I should be greatful really that he still fancies me!!

I know how rude Jadie my OH says the same, I cant help thinking
YOU WANT IT TO BE OVER?????
YOU ARE BORED??????
try bloody going through it before you start on the poor me speach you non uterine posessing homosapian!
Love em really!

ha ha, yes I am getting that too!

At parent craft the midwife said how that could work, since then he has been saying how we need too!

Silly woman!

He will be bored if I go on for another five weeks!

I keep trying to explain the baby wont be here on the 8th but its not getting though yet!

at least he is excited about it, it would be worse if he showed no interest like some men!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back