Update

babyA

Reaction score
Well thought I'd ask the question.... Is it true that with your second child u usually engage when labour is going to soon follow? after having what felt like contractions in my back the other day I took cocodamol went to bed and when I woke my bump has dropped dramatically, can fit arm between boobs and bump and it's flat and feels like your tummy does once you have given birth? Movement have reduced but can still feel her. Everyone has commented and is shocked at how low I now am. Any opinions appreciated hope u are all well x

I think you can engage from 30 weeks but doesn't actually mean you will give birth earlier. I've been getting these pains ect for a few weeks now.

Aww good thanks for replying u know what it's like ppl scare u with all the different comments x

I wake up some days and bump is so high I can't breath then the next it's gone low, seems to change a lot for me. I heard second babies can engage at very last minute but prob varies as everything does!

think it depends normaly say babies engage later with the more pregnancies dont know where they say that to stop u panicing !! dont think i engaged till i was in labour with my second !! this one is head down but wasnt engaged at last appointment will see if it is next mon. if they have engaged at least u have bit more room for your last couple of weeks and there is a lot less chance of them changing postion !!! xxx

I was told that they can drop in and pop out right up until labor starts with the second. Ive dropped down recently even though I couldnt tell with how hard it is to breath.

Hope you dont mind me asking, did the doctor prescribe you the codeine and say it was ok to take during pregnancy?

Not sure if its true or not but I heard once they engage they dont come back out. But if they're just head down, rather than engaged they can still change position.

:oooo:

ohhh I see I didnt know that... I will ask as well. Im not engaged but useful to know there is a difference x

Thanks girls pleased about the reassurance. Yes geminiblue doctor prescribed it for pain with spd however was also told by midwife to get some and take it whilst in labour with my first. Low amount can be brought over counter. I don't take it normally as it knocks me off. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back