• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Driving

Em91

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Just wandering for those of you who drive, are you planning to stop driving when you get so far along?

I do a lot of long journeys due to my family being spread out all over the country, I drove Rugby to Reading Yesterday and my bump/hips and back got so achy! and kept getting cramp when i used the clutch! that's only just under 2hours! Got to drive to Devon on Friday :S Think i might ask OH to drive. If i'm struggling at 23+4 what will i be like at 30 odd lol!

Anyway back to the original question, if you already have LO's did you give up driving later in your pregnancy? or for the first timers like me are you going to?
Read somewhere that your insurance might be void after so many weeks pregnant so need to double check my policy.

Last edited:
hi hun, i drove right up to due date and beyond - was two weeks late with dd and five weeks early with ds. i didn't know that insurance can be void? - i must check that xxx

I was thinking about this today. I'm not having any issues as of yet, so as long as it stays this way I think I'll continue to drive until I can't reach the steering wheel anymore comfortably :).

Rugby to Reading?! My thats a journey and a half. The only concern there would be DVT (not sure thats an issue when pregnant) but I guess you take regular breaks.

I plan to drive right up to due date too, I've also read on another thread that some insurers dont cover past 32 weeks - not sure how this will pan out for me as I drive a lot for my work, so I need to read my policy document.
xx

I have never heard of not being insured after a certain number of weeks either......will also need to dig out my documents and check.

In my first pregnancy I drove until the day I had my DD, she was born at 34 weeks though. Hoping to drive right up until I give birth this time too, so long as I'm not too big to fit behind the wheel! x

Rugby to Reading?! My thats a journey and a half. The only concern there would be DVT (not sure thats an issue when pregnant) but I guess you take regular breaks.

I plan to drive right up to due date too, I've also read on another thread that some insurers dont cover past 32 weeks - not sure how this will pan out for me as I drive a lot for my work, so I need to read my policy document.
xx
its actually the shortest journey I have, my Nan is in Devon which is 4hrs.
I have to stop lots for a wee anyway lol.

luckily I walk to work so don't have to drive for that, planning to try and do short journeys up till babies born. just the long ones that worry me. x

I had planned on driving up until labour, but I will have to check my insurance; I hadn't realised there might be limits on it. Every couple of months I do a 2 1/2 hour drive, but am not sure how I will cope as I get bigger. Will just see how that goes as I go through pregnancy.

I don't drive but my friend recently had a baby, and she drove up until about a week before due date - and only stopped then because it was too uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back