driving

nmf1987

Reaction score
might sound like an odd question but is anyone else worrying or thinking of stopping driving at any point before baby arrives.

the only reason why i ask is that im starting to worry about going into labour whilst driving myself etc. like i say i know its silly but i tend to drive over to my parents mostly which is a good half hour to 40 minutes drive.

i know of some people that have stopped at around 38 weeks and some that drove on the day they had baby. what are you all thinking?xxx

I planned to drive until I couldn't physically. My mum is flying over when I'm 38 +1 and I told her I'd pick her up. She us worried about the driving but I only live 45 mins from airport !! Did notice yest though that my bump and steering wheel seem to be fighting for space tho lol

I am not sure hun, i don't drive myself but i know i would be a bit scared in case i went into labour while driving. I don't know what i'd do to be honest. xxx

I drove all the way through until the end. Emma (yodabo) drove while in labour! Lol

I stopped about 3 weeks before because The way baby was lying kelt giving me leg cramp like you wouldn't believe and it was impossible to walk let alone drive x

I think I'm going to drive as long as possible, although I'm also struggling for space behind the steering wheel now!
xx

I know that I'll be driving when I'm 33+3 pregnant as I have my driving test then :lol: Not sure if I'll continue driving though if I pass...as I'd be way too inexperienced to handle driving whilst getting contractions I think. I just want my licence so I have it before baby arrives, then I can get out and about. But I think also that I'd want to drive consistently for a while before I take baby in the car on my own. x

AS long as your comfortable and feel safe I'd go for it , like if you wake up with pains or feeling funny one morning just avoid it to be safe xx

I'm going to drive as long as I can, although I'm struggling to fit behind the wheel and to get in and out of the car now! I've moved the seat back 3 times already so am hoping I don't get too much bigger.
OH is out a lot so I need to be able to drive so I can get out and about but the furthest I will drive on my own is my Dad's 15 minutes away. I wouldn't drive much further by myself nowadays so if I want or need to go somewhere I'll wait till OH is about to come with me.

I live about half an hour from my mum and dads and I still drive over. I have about an inch gap between my bump and steering wheel lol hopefully he won't be in there too much longer to get any bigger. I've not even been worried about driving tbh. X

lol. i still have quite abit of room between bump and wheel. i think i will drive for as long as i can but like you say if im concerned or have pains maybe put it off that day. ive heard of people driving themselves to hospital in labour. lol. not sure i would manage that one.

i am struggling to get out of the car when parked up though. started using baby spaces where i can cos they are easier. lol. xxx

I'm still driving and don't intend to stop. As long as I feel okay I will be fine. I can always pull over if I go into labour lol!! xx

I will be driving for as long as possible. I don't want to surrender my independence!! I only live 5 ins away from hospital anyway and never have to drive any more than 15 mins away so that is handy!

Xx

I couldnt even think about stopping driving I go crazy not having my car when its in for an MOT lol it would be like loosing a limb plus my kids school is down a hill near my house and some days I just cant face getting up it so I drive over saves my energy and id rather drive there in labour than walk up the huge hill should I go into labour while on the school run haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back