Driving...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I know its quite early for me to ask this question but its ALWAYS in the back of my mind...

How did you're driving change when you found out you were preg/gave birth?

I have a little sports car and used to drive it pretty fast, now i drive it alot slowly and I try to be safer, however i work in kent and have to go on the m20 to get there, some of the drivers on there are scary!!

Any tips on staying safe?

ta
x

i haven't really changed my driving. for all that it sounds horribly big-headed, driving is one of the only things in my life that i'm not modest about. i know i'm damn good at it, and that i'm safe.

that's not to say that other people are safe good drivers though, but there's not an awful lot you can do to keep safe from them apart from keeping vigilant yourself, watching stopping distances etc...

i agree with you though - OH and i use the m25/m26/m20 quite a bit when we go to visit his parents - IMO drivers in kent are the nuttiest in the country!!

i absolutely love driving and found it easy while my bump was getting bigger..

but im really short, so even before i was pregnant i have to have my seat right up to the steering wheel so i could reach the pedals :oops:

i drove just as fast/normally as i usually do.. but then as my bump got bigger, my seat had to go further back which made it quite hard to reach the pedals.

but then i had a little bump a few weeks ago and went into the back of someone, which shook me up so i've decided not to drive now until ive given birth, because that crash could have been so much worse and i could have easily banged my bump on the steering wheel.

even if i hadnt of crashed, i don't think i'd still be able to drive now because theres no way i'd be able to reach the pedals with this huge bump! but i cant wait to get back behind the wheel again.

not long to go :cheer: :cheer:

ive curbed 2 alloys since being preggy :cry: but toherwise , apart from being wary of others more i didnt change much and for my job i had to drive round london everyday

loads! before i was pregnant i often exceeded the speed limit by 20mph or more, i went thru amber lights ALWAYS, i never indicated, oh the list goes on!

but since being preg and EVEN MORE since i had melissa iv completely changed. imn the most careful driver in the north! tbh tho i avoid driving if i can. if im with my boyf he ALWAYS drives, unless he's had a drink

Mines not changed, I just get more irate at bad drivers around me

mine never changed really as ive always been fairly cautious.

i still drive quite quick if im by myself, but if im with paige I drive slower..

my driving never changed through my pregnancy
ive not been out since i gave birth so cant comment on that.

Don't think my driving changed really, drove up to the day I was induced at 2 weeks overdue. Only thing that changed was the car, had to start using our bigger car as had trouble gettin out of my car!!

We bought a new car when I was pregnant so that I could get around a bit more but I ended up having two accidents within the first three weeks of having it. I think your reactions change massively when pregnant so you have to watch things a lot more. I bought the bump belt which made a huge difference to me as it meant I knew that even if someone else went into the back of me my bump would be protected. Since having the baby I am a lot more confident and drive like I used to.

My driving hasn't changed but then I am careful

I have to drive - no one else to drive me about so I hope I still can when I am bigger. I am tall so I don't have the seat too close to the pedals :lol:

Congrats firstly - have only just noticed you got your bfp! :cheer:
Good luck for a happy and healthy 9 months...

As for driving, I have just been telling my Mum this - it takes me ages to turn right anywhere now as I am so much more cautious, I have to look each way about a hundred times! And OH tends to drive when we are together even though its my car which didnt happen much before. It def mkes you feel more responsible and careful especially once you have a bump to fit the seat belt around too!
Also I will prob get the train to London rather than drive when I visit my mum just cos it feels safer - its more other drivers than my own driving I worry about especially on the motorway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back