Dribbling...

laracomps

Reaction score
Phoebe has started dribbling loads, only a recent thing of the past few days.

I had a peek on google and could only seem to see things about teething :think:

Is it possible that she is starting to teeth already? She does have a lump on her gum at the top (though I know bottom ones are normally first) Or could a cold make her dribble? She is at the end of one...

This baby thing is quite confusing!

Does she have her hands in her mouth a lot?

Luke recently "found" his hands and since then has constantly been sucking on them and dribbling loads. It's quite funny. No sign of teeth though so don't think dribbling is always a teething sign. Just a phase they go through :D

hmm, well she does suck on them - has done since birth though. She mainly sucks on them when she is hungry or wants to go to sleep! Maybe she has more in the past few days though?

I will keep an eye on it in the next few days thanks :) I have lost count on the amount of times I've wiped her chin today, looks a bit like she might have a little rash coming there :wall:

Angel is the same and the first thing i could think of is teething. She generally sucks her hand when she's hungry, which is all the time, but sometimes she dribbles without hand sucking. I won't worry just yet but i keep thinking she's too forward. I hope she's not teething yet! Lol

laracomps said:
I have lost count on the amount of times I've wiped her chin today, looks a bit like she might have a little rash coming there :wall:

This is just a saliva rash - my daughter sucks her fingers for comfort and has a constantly wet chin.

The best thing to help this rash is Calendula lotion (by Weleda or Nelsons - get this is independent chemists or Holland & Barratt) or Camomile lotion.

Valentine Xxx

My LO has always been a dribbler and she didn't get her first tooth until she was 9 months :D

Bit of an update.

Took her to the clinic today as she is extra grizzley at the mo and chewing on my finger is def her favourite thing to do at the moment!

Anyway, she said yes it is the start of teething, but it doesn't mean we'll see any teeth yet.

I also looked in my 'what to expect in the first year' book (which is great btw) and it said that teething follows hereditory patterns. So they are likely to teeth around the same time as you or OH did. And supposedly Mum reckons I def had a tooth by 4 months, so who knows!

I don't want my baby to get teeth just yet, then she properly won't be a new born anymore :cry: Time for another? :rotfl: :rotfl:

laracomps said:
Bit of an update.

Took her to the clinic today as she is extra grizzley at the mo and chewing on my finger is def her favourite thing to do at the moment!

Anyway, she said yes it is the start of teething, but it doesn't mean we'll see any teeth yet.

I also looked in my 'what to expect in the first year' book (which is great btw) and it said that teething follows hereditory patterns. So they are likely to teeth around the same time as you or OH did. And supposedly Mum reckons I def had a tooth by 4 months, so who knows!

I don't want my baby to get teeth just yet, then she properly won't be a new born anymore :cry: Time for another? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes, teething symptoms can start way ahead of the pegs actually appearing. My LO's teething started when she was 3 months old, but it wasn't until she was 7 months old that they came through. Luckily the symptoms died down inbetween.

My little one is also showing the same symptoms. I have ordered one of those amber teething necklaces and a plastic teether for him today! I have heard so many good things about the amber necklace so I thought I would give it a shot!

That's really interesting, our LOs are all about the same age. Becky is doing exactly the same. She constantly has hands/fingers in her mouth at the moment, is dribbling like nobody's business and has recently learned how to grab my finger and chew on it.

lil miss started dribbling at 2 months and cut her first tooth by the time she was 4 months... she has 2 teeth now :D

Logans been dribbling a lot recently too and sucking his fists.
No sign of any toothy pegs though

Owen has been dribbling for the last two days and when I went to clinic to get him weighed (he's 13lb now!!!) yesterday they said that it is because the saliva glands are starting to work and baby needs to now learn to swallow it and not let it dribble out. its very funny though he keeps blowing bubbles!!!

Im so glad its not just my lil one thats doing this! Shes soaking everyth.ing in drool lol. Her bottom gum does have a little bump on it but I thought it was too early for teeth

grace is 11 months and still has no teeth, so jel of all you teething babies. my little gril needs some teeth bless her.......lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back