Dressing your LO..

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm always a bit clueless with dressing Ollie based on the weather. I always feel like i should have a hat on him but its getting quite mild now.. Should he still wear one?

Also.. should babies still wear vests in the summer? Told you i was clueless! :oops:

Claire x

Just go with what you think is best. Every LO is different - as we got into summer Becky always edged on roasting hot when others her age (she was 3 months in the summer) were still wearing hats and thick cardies when they were out. Becky always wore/wears sleeveless vests as well which seem to be a bit cooler. I think layers are the key - that way you can just take them off when you think he's too warm. :hug:

Layers definately, also I think its better for babies to be a little cool than overheating them, fleece fabric in particular can be quite sweaty and so many blankets and jackets are made of this. I used to have a few cotton cellular blankets when she was small and layer them on her in her carseat/pram which were easier to remove than extra cardies/coat when we went indoors. Also remember that hats keep a lot of heat in so if LO has a hat on they are probably a bit warmer anyway. Eva wears a hat still at the moment when we go out, she just seems cosier and besides it looks so cute! :D

Personally, DD always wears a vest - regardless of weather. My friend's LO doesn't and it just looks wrong to me and her t-shirt is always riding up and showing bare skin which must be cold for her. I am not planning to stop using vests until potty training begins in earnest.

Valentine Xxx

My little girl doesnt wear a vest at all - she hated them!

shes always in warm clothes even in the house, when were out - cardi on, thick coat, hat gloves etc.

Evie wears a vest under everything. she hates anything being on her head though so she'll rarely wear a hat. Inside she normally wears a t-shirt and then if we are out a light jumper and coat. I have a buggy snuggle for the cold too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back