• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dressing up box

beanie

Reaction score
I wantto makea dressing up box for Seren (and Cally when she gets older). So far we have a few hats, a pink high vis vest (so she can be a builder lol) but have come to a stop. I don't want to buy the ready made costumes but don't know what else I could put in. Any ideas?

Glasses... Scarfs(sp) Feather boas...leg warmers, plastic jewellery can't think of much else :think:

Pirate's eye patch
Fairy wings
Stethescope
Police hat

We always loved dressing up in Mum's clothes and jewellery.

I'm sure I'll probably think of some more. Great idea, I still love dressing up now hehe.

ETA - Try your local pound shop, they always have great stuff in ours!

I got a cheap hula skirt for Rubes which she loves!!! :D

we want piccies :wink: xxxxxxx

When we were kids we had a big dressing up box and most of it was my Mums old clothes, wrap skirts were good for capes or dresses, old nighties were wedding dresses, we had some adult t-shirts with lots of cuts in the hems to make a fringe like a red indian squaw, strings of beads, old handbags, some net curtains for veils or fairy wings, kids are so imaginative it probably doesnt matter if it doesnt look like much to us!
Sounds like fun though...i love dressing up lol :D

clarey said:
When we were kids we had a big dressing up box and most of it was my Mums old clothes, wrap skirts were good for capes or dresses, old nighties were wedding dresses, we had some adult t-shirts with lots of cuts in the hems to make a fringe like a red indian squaw, strings of beads, old handbags, some net curtains for veils or fairy wings, kids are so imaginative it probably doesnt matter if it doesnt look like much to us!
Sounds like fun though...i love dressing up lol :D

Oh yeah you gotta get some net curtains for veils, used to dress up with them with my mums old heels :lol:

you and Seren can have an afternoon making and colouring in masks..draw them on cardboard (back of a cereal packet is what my 4 year old niece uses), cut out and colour, attach a bit of elastic string..and voila... :dance: . My niece has made a fab santa mask last year (stuck cotton wool to it as a beard) and a beautiful venetian mask covered in feathers and glitter!

Other things my niece loves to play dress up with.....tinsel, grown up clothes, old sheets :D

Hey beanie,

Great idea.

I'd go to the bargain bin in your charity shop (where you can get 3 things for £1 or similar) and pick up some brilliant random grown up clothes which you can customise a bit.

Or ask on freecycle for bags of old clothes and sparkly things?

Valentine Xxx

floaty sparkly material or voile. Can make all sorts out of that by draping it in different ways :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back