• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drama at the Hospital...

KellyHook

Reaction score
Well after having my Growth scan at 8.30 I have finally been let out!

Well turns out my placenta isn't working as it should be and he is small and weighs around 3lb 3oz (which I thought was ok) so they was not happy with the scan so I had to be put on the CTG and then they decided to give me a steroid injection to strengthen his lungs in case of induction/labour and I've got to go back tomorrow for another one then I'm back everyday now (apart from sunday/tuesday) all next week for more CTG's and doppler scans and consultant appointments. So its looking more likely that baby is going to come early (depended on my next growth scan) looks like your prediction might be right jen! Well I'm certainly going to be well familiar with the maternity ward by the time little man arrives.. Defo need to sort my bag out asap!!

Xx

Oh no hun :( Sorry to hear that! Hope thing's work out ok and your little man cooks a bit longer :hug: xx

As bless u poor thing! Least u and baby being well looked after c

Oh Hun! At least they are going to be keeping an extra special eye on little Charlie - have they said how likely it is you will be induced?
Deffo get that bag packed! Xx

hey hun, i just saw this and had to comment. try not to worry. my lo seemd to stop growing at about 33 weeks, i had scans evry few weeks during my pregnancy as my FIL was my doctor. i also had the steroid injection for the babies lungs, and i was admitted to hospital twice at 33 weeks and 34 weeks to stop contractions that i was having. luckily this worked, and my baby boy was delivered by c-section at 37 weeks and weighed 5lbs 2oz. i dont know how he managed to stay in that long!!!

he was perfect, did a little cry and rushed of the the nursery but luckily he didnt have to have any treatment! the last few weeks of my pregnancy were sooo hard, just had to rest and basically not do anything and let him cook a bit longer!

good luck with everything i hope your lo stays in there a little bit longer for you!

Just saw this and wanted to say good luck and really hope your LO stays put for a while longer xxxxxxxxx

oh hun im sorry to hear this. Hope bubs stays in there for a bit longer but it does sound like they are looking after you. rest up hun and definitely get your bag packed

I thought 3-4lb was average for your gestation. Hope he stays in longer x

Hi hun

I've been through the same thing so have a good idea how you must be feeling. Its a good sign that they've let you home and you're getting the steroids which really do strengthen baby's lungs.

My baby stopped growing at 25weeks and was born at 30+6 weighing just under 2lb. Every day your little one stays in is a bonus, and when I was given the steroids they improved the placenta for a few days but then after that you could see on the scans the blood flow getting worse each day. I had doppler scans every day for a week until they decided that it was getting so bad baby would be better off coming out.

Just try and relax as much as you can, and count yourself lucky that they've found the problem and are keeping a close eye on you and baby.

xxxxxx

aww Kelly, at least they know what is going on so you and Charlie can get the best care and everything you need, hope everything you've got coming up goes well. xxx

I think it helps that you've had the experience of Brooke coming so early - if anyone is prepare for an early baby it's you hun! X

awww hun, sorry to hear that, but like everyone has said, your being well looked after! really hope little Charlie stays where he is for a while longer! and Jenny's right, if anyone knows how to handle and early baby its you :) really wishing you the best of luck :hugs: x

really sorry to hear this hun!

mable and kelly can i ask, when did you become aware there might be a problem? i've been told already that they think this may happen with me so now i have months to worry about it! really interesting reading your posts, kelly hope LO stays in as long as poss xx

Aww i really hope he stays put longer for u. It's good they are going to be seeing u so much to keep an eye on things... Good luck xxx

Aww sorry to hear that Kel, I was sure he was just being naughty! At least they're keeping and eye on you.

I basically live at the hospital now but for the opposite reason, they're scared mine will grow too big! It's very dull and draining having to keep seeing a consultant and sit in waiting rooms etc, but at least you know you're being well looked after xx

Thanks Girls.. Its a bit scary as I wasn't expecting it and to think he could be here in 2weeks depending on how my placenta holds up! But nothing I can do so no point worrying about it until they say he has got to come out! I honestly thought he was just being a little monkey! Well off back up hospital In the morning for my second steroid injection.. Got CTG on sat then I'm seeing consultant monday so should no more then! Its going to be a very busy week!! Think I'll have to take out a loan to get to and from hospital and parking fee's... But as long as they make sure my little man is alright then that's all that matters!! Xx

How did you ladies find out about this was it through scan or mw appointment?

I've been through a similar thing, with my first she was smaller than she should have been ,but I cant remember how they found out, it could have been through scan or mw check up...wish I could remember as now i'm worried the same will happen again.

I was scanned 3x a week then daily for the last month or so, it was exhausting esp with working full time. Her heart stopped beating at 39 weeks, and i was induced but thankfully all was fine, and she was born bigger than they expected at 6.1 they thought she'd be in the 5s

I have a heart condition and they thought that could have stopped the placenta from working properly.

You've got a really good attitude hun :)

Feel free to text me if you want/need xx

I was being measured at MW appointments and they measurements kept getting smaller and smaller, so they sent for a growth scan and that's where they found the problem with my placenta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back