How big???????

pink lady

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
i went for a scan this evening and as usual i was delighted to see my baby on the screen! Heart beating strong and everything looking well. BUT according to his measurements the baby now weighs 3lb 3oz! holy goodness! (she crosses her legs!)

only 4 weeks ago he weighed 1lb 6oz! i am only five foot five, and am a little worried this baby will turn into a monster and i will have difficulty in natural child birth.

Have any of you been told your baby is a bit big one month then it's growth rate has slowed down? the doctor did say not to worry too much for now, easy for him to say in my opinion!!!!!!!

Pink Lady.x

hi, how lucky are you to get a scan this late on! my last one was 20 weeks and im dyin to see my little one. my fundus height has always been too small with my baby so im presuming he's small, but my mum was 10cm too big (round her belly) and docs were convinced something was wrong with my sister, or that she was guna b a 12lb baby! she popped out a generous 7lb3oz so i wouldnt worry they tend to get birth weights wrong coz i dont thik technology is good enough to be accurate.
if your little then i doubt u'll have a huge baby. nature isnt that cruel and pluss ur body wouldnt cope so instinctivly it should stop any growth or just pop him/her out early when they r the right size! :D
either way i wouldnt worry docs like to think they know but some times they just dont! is your fundus height right?

i have paid for private doctor for scans, he's part of the NHS but has private consulting rooms, so i see him and get a scan every four weeks. It is nice to see the little one so often, buti t was a rash decision which we will have to fork out for after the birth. Is that pic beside your name actually one of your scans? it's well cute!!!

I haven't been told anything about fundus height! will it be written in the medical file we have to keep with us? i'm not going to worry too much, will wait and see how next scan (24 Aug) fairs. When is your next scan? is this your first baby?

Hopet o hear from ya soon

PL.x

After all the worries so early on I'd like the extra scans too. Where can you find out about them? And how much do they cost?

yeh thats my 20 week scan. im so happy its so clear alot of peoples ive seen are really hard to make out. i think hes a natural poser! :D
yeh this is my first babyim im really excited. i dont get any more scans now because im just on nhs. yeh your fundus height should be recorded in your pregnancy notes that ur supposed to carry around. im the section that yor midwife writes in at all yor appointments. it will say how many weeks you are and then how many weeks your fundus is measuring. lucky you to have so many scan pics you can show baby when he/she grows up!

how much are private scans? xx

My sister in law was told she was having a big baby on her last pregnancy and they told her that she was gonna go early cos baby was ready, she ended up going 10 days over and my neice was 7lb so they were wrong all around.

how heavy were you and your partner born? this is normally a good indicator of the size your baby will be, i was 8lb 6 and my oh was 13lb 7 :shock: not looking too good for my bubs being a little one lol.

When i had my oldest boy , he wieghed 6lb 10oz, my 2nd boy was 8lb 11oz, so not sure what our little girl is going to weigh, hopefully sumwhere in between .

Ouch Manda! hopefully this one should be between 8lb 4oz and 9lb 2oz which is what me and OH were at birth.

I think I'd rather they not tell me if I'm having a big baby! Do they tend to tell you about the guessed weight even if you don't have provate scans? I mean with the fundus height thing?

Sami,

Not sure but i have a hospital appointment on Tuesday and i'm having a scan to measure baby according to my letter, i thought it was just to check my cervix so i'll let you know if they tellme the weight,

i have read that bigger babies are easier to deliver (not sure about this myself lol)

My mum said my bro was the easiest to deliver (the middle child of 3) and he was the heaviest - said he came out so easy like he just fell out of her! :shock: :lol: (She was squatting).

Do midwife appt's become more frequent later in pregnancy? I saw my midwife the other day and now I won't see him till I've had my 20wk scan - which is September. This seems a long time not to see him? :shock:

Yeah they start off monthly then go fortnightly and then towards the end weekly, i think thats why time has flown for me cos i've been seen every two weeks and the last 5 weeks it's been weekly cos my bp went up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back