Down syndrome?

I had my results back from the hospital today while I was with the midwife and mine are 1:24,759, so I suppose that'll be alot less than 1%, which I am more than happy with, this was the quad tests as baby wouldn't stay still for the nuchal scan at 12 weeks. Just another weight of my mind x

I had the Harmony test at FMC and have nothing but positive thigs to say about the experience. I live in Leeds so it was a bit of a trek but worked out cheaper than doing the same test more locally. On the up side, it sounds like the cost is starting to come down now and this test may eventually become available on the NHS, which is a good thing.

One thing I'd definitely say as an older mum is ask whether you will be entitled to any additional growth scans.My midwife initially said as I'd had two normally pregnancies I wouldn't need anything additional but when I asked another midwife, she referred me to the hospital and I did actually receive additional growth scans. Towards the end my. bay's growth started to slow down so they recommended an elective section at 39 weeks. I wouldn't have known about this without the growth scans so glad I pursued it. xxx

Dotty can I ask how old you are? Or how old you would need to be to qualify or additional scans? Thanks x

I am 37 next week and dont qualify for extra scans normally.

We just had a scan at 28wks and am getting another at 36wks but only because we are high risk for Downs and refused any further testing. It makes no difference to us, its our baby and we will love her no matter what.

I just love seeing bubs on the screen! I wonder how much scanning equipment costs to buy.....

Hi, was just wondering if anyone knows what the non high risk likelihood of DS is? I'm 21 and OH is 28 so we were classed low risk, but I opted out of having any testing because we disagreed over what we would want to do if the tests came back high risk... Now Im 28 weeks and just wondering what my chances might be as the thought has barely crossed my mind! Had 3 scans so far and noone has mentioned anything not looking as expected, thanks x

They can tell with measurements on your scans if anything was wrong so they would have told you if anything seemed irregular so I don't think you need to worry x

I got a high positive with my son for ds but I did do the test but it was horrible so we're not doing it at all this time but he is fine he didn't have the Jean in the end

I got a high positive with my son for ds but I did do the test but it was horrible so we're not doing it at all this time but he is fine he didn't have the Jean in the end

Was this off one of the more modern tests (Harmony, MaterniT21 etc) or the NT scan and bloods? The NT test is pretty unreliable, it gives tons of false high risks from what I've heard and read.

I had the first part of my harmony test on Thursday, baby was looking wriggly and bang on for my dates - after the scan they took three vials of blood. Now just a two week wait for results and twelve wk scan!

What's the clinic like niknak? Did you have long waiting times?

I can't wait to hear your update with the results! Are you finding out the gender too?

The clinic is lovely, all very modern and clean - no waiting at all, we were 15mins early and were given some forms to fill in and we went in early, as soon as I gave the forms back. Once the scan was done I went straight through to have bloods taken and when I came out there was an envelope waiting with pics in and all the info we needed for next visit. The doc we saw was lovely and explained everything in detail before we started. I have been there before and couldn't recommend the place enough then, although there was no such thing as harmony scanning then...
Not going to find out gender this time, may well regret that decision when I get later down the line!

Hi - just to let you know I went through that same clinic and was told my daughter would have DS!
My daughter who is 2 years old now is just gorgeous and so wanted to reassure you that no matter what the results are, you will be fine!
Message me if you'd like to chat! :)

Did you do the CVS or amnio hun? What was the outcome? Other than the results, did you find the clinic helpful/nice?

I'm going on Monday and getting nervous!

Just to let you know Mum2Many we went back to the FMC yesterday for 12 week scan and harmony result and got the all clear! Scan was brilliant, so clear - I had forgotten how much detail they go into. They are so lovely, we got there 15mins early and we got called straight through, they are very meticulous and I can't recommend them highly enough. Good luck for tomorrow!

Oooo can't wait! I'm going for my bloods and viability scan tomorrow and am so excited after reading all the comments here about the clinic!

It was excellent. Parking was awful, last time I went down there it wasn't that bad but this time was awful and they changed all the parking meters to pay by card/phone. Opps! LOL

The clinic was nice though, very clean although the stairs down freaked me out a bit! LOL I hate glass staircases.

Reception was lovely and the waiting area is nice too. I filled in my paper work and waited, I think they were about 5 minutes behind.

A lovely young Dr called me into an ultrasound room, explained everything to me in detail, answered my questions and then we did the scan. He was really good at explaining what he was doing and what he was seeing. Baby was wriggling all over the place so the only decent picture we got was this one;

10245383_10154018072020401_3961163153215384238_n.jpg

And we got to hear the heartbeat too, which was nice.

When the scan was over, filled in more paper work and then went back to the waiting room until I was called in to have my blood taken. Then back to the waiting room to be called over by reception to pay.

I go back on the 12th May for the results, but they said I was welcome to call on the Friday/Saturday before to see if my results were in as I was so worried about them. And we opted to find out the gender after all, so should get that back then too.

All in all a great experience and I can't wait for the next 11 days to hurry up! LOL

It was brilliant! I'm low risk for everything and the baby looks perfect and healthy! She took such a long time over the scan too. I must have been in there being scanned (needed both abdominal and transvaginal) for at least 40 minutes - I've never had such a detailed, indepth scan even when I pay for them privately!

And even better, after five boys and two girls - we found out baby is another girl!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back