Double whammy & very ouchy today....

LeaAnn

Reaction score
Had my whopping cough and gestational diabetes test today, which involved eating the biggest breakfast on the world before a blood test. I was worried about it as until I was pregnant, I wasn't a breakfast girl at all. Anyway turns out that was the least of my worries.

Turned up at the docs in plenty of time, so far so good me thinks as the blood test has to be exactly 2 hrs after breakfast. Go in a couple of mins before appointment time, and I had forgotten the blood test form!

She took the blood anyway and I managed to remember it had to be in a grey vial, and I said I would pop back with the form after. Well she then took the needle out the same time as the tourniquet, except she couldn't get it off my arm!! This resulted in my blood actually spurting everywhere! On the table, floor, in her, in fact her food was red as she had sandals on!

I managed not to faint god knows how, drove home and picked up the form, she confirmed all ok then called me 5 mins later to say I needed to go back for more blood. I now have bruises on both arms, and a dead feeling one from the whopping cough jab :(

Oh bless u Hun. Sounds like u had a right day of it! Rest and treat yourself to something yummy!! X

Oh god, I would have been a right state :lol: I hate it when you get useless people to take blood!

I had to starve for 12 hours before my gestational diabetes test! No fair!

Me too I wasn't allowed food or drink for 12 hrs prior. Then had to hav blood drink lucozade then sit in waiting room quietly for 2hrs then have more blood taken? But still hope despite ur ordeal of mad blood n bruises that all is well xx

Me too I wasn't allowed food or drink for 12 hrs prior. Then had to hav blood drink lucozade then sit in waiting room quietly for 2hrs then have more blood taken? But still hope despite ur ordeal of mad blood n bruises that all is well xx

Seriously I would rather have had that. I had to have Taoist, cereal, fruit and juice, it was too much. Wonder why the tests are so different? Seems bizarre...

It does, diabetes related blood test are normally fasting tests so they can see how much sugar is in your blood, if you eat before the test it gives a false reading because the sugar is there from the food you just ate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back