• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double Buggys

vixforever

Reaction score
To all you Mummys out there I'm due in October and my son will be 20 months so I'm doing a bit of research into double prams so far I'm set on getting a Phil and Teds sport as you can also use it as a single buggy, anyone got one of these? If so, are they any good? Could you recommend another double pushchair, also like the look of the iCandy Pear, hmmm

I have the maclaren twin techno and I think it's great!! I don't have experience of any others tho xx

Hiya, i orginally went for the p&t sport had it delivered an set it all up only to find i hated it (personal opinion) it was massive but i know people that have it an love it, i took it back, an ended up with the baby jogger city mini double an loved it so much its so light an easy to use and fits through standard doorways! i also have the maclaren double techno (i love pushchairs :lol:) an i also love that too, it can be heavy to push at times if u have shoppin etc on it unlike the baby jogger!
x

I had the same problem though Brandon will be 23 months by the time the new one's born (due in September). I just could not find a nice good decent looking double buggy. Phil&Ted to me is way to big (just seeing mums getting on the buses with these and struggling put me off), I personally hate all the Maclarens, I think they are all horrible but obviously it's very individual :) So we decided to go for a single buggy, got Mothercare Xcursion for the new one, decided that when I am going out on my own I will have the baby in a sling (or something similar) and Brandon in the buggy if he is still not walking, and when OH and I are out together, we'll just take two buggys or get a buggy board for Brandon :) Good luck to you though!

I loved the phil & teds. Sooooo easy to use and adapt. Not so steady on bumpy terrain, but an all round good pushchair. Folds easily etc. And you can sell it easy on ebay after u finished with it x

I have an iCandy Pear and I totally LOVE it! I love that I can get in ALL shops when I'm out and about! The car seat goes on and I have the carry cot on the lower spot and Hebe up front - she loves it too. she was 17 months when LO was born and only been walking a week before he arrived so I'm glad I have something I really like :)

I had the Firstwheels City Twin, beautiful pram but ttally impractical :lol: Too wide and heavy

I also had the Graco Stadium Duo, great pram for shopping so I got along well with this one.

I wanted the phil n teds but there is practically nowhere for shopping :eh:

I have an iCandy Pear and I totally LOVE it! I love that I can get in ALL shops when I'm out and about! The car seat goes on and I have the carry cot on the lower spot and Hebe up front - she loves it too. she was 17 months when LO was born and only been walking a week before he arrived so I'm glad I have something I really like :)

Thanks, you can use the Pear as an Apple aswell can't you? My LO isn't walking yet - bless him :)

I had the Firstwheels City Twin, beautiful pram but ttally impractical :lol: Too wide and heavy

I also had the Graco Stadium Duo, great pram for shopping so I got along well with this one.

I wanted the phil n teds but there is practically nowhere for shopping :eh:

True about the Phil & Teds - I have a quinny buzz and a petite star zia! I have to take the zia out whilst shopping so I can put bags under the handles can only take the buzz out shopping if I put clips on to hold bags of shopping on the bar! lol

I have P&T and i was quite surprised by the huge shopping basket :D

I had icandy,jane,silver cross, baby jogger, mutsy etc and P&T is BY FAR the best one i had. no faults,perfect.

Whatever you do dont buy an Obaby XI tandem - I have just sent the 3rd one back - huge, impossible to steer, heavy, and all 3 ive had have ended up with either the front wheel sticking or the harness clips snapping!! I'm due in Sept with no.2 so trying to decide what to do, although my LO is 20 months and a good walker there is no way I could get him to stay put on a buggy board! He'd just run off and if i put reins on he has a paddy!!! aaaagh! Also possibly having a c-sec so wont be able to use a sling!!!! Why do they give us so much choice, i wish someone would just say 'get this one!'

A friend of mine has been very happy with the Nipper 360 out and about, might borrow hers for a test drive!

xxx

O i would love one of these but i think they are soooo much money:wall2:

O i would love one of these but i think they are soooo much money:wall2:
Lol they are!! I'm saving a bit each week Phil & Teds are pricey too, But I hate side by sides!!

I have P&T and i was quite surprised by the huge shopping basket :D

I had icandy,jane,silver cross, baby jogger, mutsy etc and P&T is BY FAR the best one i had. no faults,perfect.

Thanks hun, I avoid Silver Cross I had a 3D travel system by them when my first was born. It was a pain to assemble and a pain to dismantle! Also it nearly collapsed with my son in it luckily I managed to pull him out :wall2:

I think i shoud off started saving a few month ago. I need to face fact that i cant have a icandy!!! ARGHHH LOL!!!

I think i shoud off started saving a few month ago. I need to face fact that i cant have a icandy!!! ARGHHH LOL!!!

I'm going to go for the Phil&Teds I think!! Was very light to push when I tried it :)

Hiya!

I'm not a Mum (yet!) but I am a Childminder and have been for almost 11 years so you can imagine how many buggy's i've gone through over the years!

I can honestly say my Phil & Ted is the best thing i've ever bought!! I've had it about 3 years now and I still love it!!

Another lady posted about seeing Mum's struggle when getting on a bus......... I don't drive and often get on a bus with the P&T plus 2 other little one's walking and i've never struggled!!

I'd say the only problem i've had with it so far is i've had a couple of punctures which are easily repaired!

Oh and also I have put it into family/friends boots before and usually have to take one of the back wheels off to fit it in but they're soooo simple to detatch and attatch it's not too much bother! Just be careful because the wheel pin has grease on it (keep a tissue handy).

I love it and think you've made a very good choice!! :)

xxx

Hiya!

I'm not a Mum (yet!) but I am a Childminder and have been for almost 11 years so you can imagine how many buggy's i've gone through over the years!

I can honestly say my Phil & Ted is the best thing i've ever bought!! I've had it about 3 years now and I still love it!!

Another lady posted about seeing Mum's struggle when getting on a bus......... I don't drive and often get on a bus with the P&T plus 2 other little one's walking and i've never struggled!!

I'd say the only problem i've had with it so far is i've had a couple of punctures which are easily repaired!

Oh and also I have put it into family/friends boots before and usually have to take one of the back wheels off to fit it in but they're soooo simple to detatch and attatch it's not too much bother! Just be careful because the wheel pin has grease on it (keep a tissue handy).

I love it and think you've made a very good choice!! :)

xxx

Thank you for your honest review on it, will be getting one in black!
x

I like the black one but the red one was calling me when I bought mine! lol :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back