Doppler - 8 weeks

frances2009

Reaction score
Is 8 weeks too early to use a doppler to hear the baby's heart beat?

I think 8 weeks is slightly too early as i wreckon baby is too likkle, so you wont be able to get a clear sound that is loud enough to hear hun....I may be wrong but this is what i was adviced xx

doppler from argos only does 20wks :( you may be able to source a half decent one online but i think its still bout 12wks xx

Some of the mw grade one say you can pick them up from eight weeks - mine picked up bubbas from 9weeks, this said it took a very long time to find it and like laura said you may only hear it breiflyand quitely. Always worth a try though as it takes time to get used to using a doppler; just don't expect to hear it until around 10-12 weeks and you won't be disappointed.

There was a thread on here last week with tips on how to use them, might be worth a look.
Congrats and welcome to the pf

Some people have picked it up as early as 8 weeks, but they don't advise you to use them that early to stop people panicking when they can't find anything. I found Toby's at 10+5 but that was with an anterior placenta getting in the way!

It depends what doppler you have really. I found my LOs at 12 weeks, but I didn't look before that and even then it took ages xx

We just tried to find a heartbeat at 7weeks 4 days using a doppler. Couldnt find anything but hopefully it isnt anything to worry about... think its abit early...

My friend has one - not sure of the make. Going round this weekend to try although have promised myself I won't get worried if I don't hear anything!

Thanks for all your replies.

If it's a MW grade one like the Hi Bebe ones you may pick it up from about 9 weeks but like you said you shouldnt worry if you dont. Some of the cheaper ones like the Angelsounds can get it from about 10-12 weeks if you are lucky. It really does depend on the position of your beany. Try very low down. Lower than you'd imagine it could be. Right where the top of your pubic bone. Start in the middle and work very very slowly across and as you move along stop and change the angle too. :)

i think its a little later than that. i bought one from argos but you cant use until 20 weeks, but it didn't work anyway tried all the time and couldn't get it. wouldn't recomend it!!
dont worry if you cant find it though thats what i did when i first used mine

Well I tried using the doppler today (it's a bistos one) and heard the baby's heart beat loud and clear!! It was such an amazing experience, I now feel so much more assured that my little baby is safe and well.

Got my 12 week scan appointment today too for the 2nd Feb so am having a good day!!

oooh bet you're well excited! good luck with it x

frances 2009-snap i got my 12 week scan is on 3rd feb....so excited, i cant wait. i think once 12 weeks is gone it will be so much relief....!

that's great angel87! is so exciting! just want the next few weeks to fly. have already booked the day off work with hubby :)

how is your pregnancy coming along? feeling ok?

frances 2009, had cramping and a urine infection already!!!so not such a good start, but its settling now, ive not had much morning sickness but lots and lots of nausea!!!! i get a bit paranoid when the symptoms settle and start thinking am i still pregnant!!!!lol
how about u? hows ur pregnancy coming along?
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back