Doppler.......

I found mine at 10 weeks, be careful cos you can catch noises of your heartbeat, placenta, your pulse, arteries etc. Best way I did it, which took me ages but once I did I knew.

Right on the knicker bone and angle down, as if your going under it. Baby should be about there. It won't be any higher yet. Angle diagonally down and under.

Good luck girls xxx

Hey leeann! Glad to see your name back here again, hope all works out well for you. I started picking up the hb around 10-11 weeks but it was hard work and would disappear very quickly. Like the others said it was noticeably faster than any of the other noises I picked up. Keep trying, and keep watching youtube videos too to get an idea of ways to angle it, what you might hear etc. At my 34 week midwife appointment yesterday she listened to the hb with the doppler and it was obviously really loud and clear but even then it moved slightly and the sound vanished so it's easy to see why they're so hard to pick up early on. Best of luck my lovely. Xxx

Thanks, I have taken a look at some more YouTube vids and they were hearing their heartbeats as well and then picking up baby but I am just not :-(

I really have a bad feeling x

Thanks, I have taken a look at some more YouTube vids and they were hearing their heartbeats as well and then picking up baby but I am just not :-(

I really have a bad feeling x

Don't have a bad feeling hun, we were trying from 8 weeks with no luck. Finally at 10 we heard. Angle under the bone x

Try not to worry. Baby is still tiny. It still takes me a while sometimes at 17 weeks xx

My boobs have stopped hurting and the oh said that the veins aren't as noticeable now so I am panicking now! I didn't notice that earlier and they don't itch as much either! I could cry x

Hun, you really need to relax. What type of Doppler is it? Symptoms come and go all the time xx

Will the epu not scan you if you're anxious? xx

It's an old Sonoline one that I was given a few years ago! I know symptoms come and go but I thought the veins stayed once they arrived?? I am in such a panic and I am not due my scan until Tuesday next week.

We don't have an EPU here but I can call my Ob and ask him to scan me early which I will probably do tomorrow as I am not sure I can wait much longer x

I'm not to sure about the vein thing, I know mine popped out when I first noticed, but I'm not sure if they have disappeared since. What gel are you using? I use baby oil as it seems to make a difference xx

I has my 16 week today and first we heard the hb straight away but then baby moved and even the qualified midwife couldn't find it! So I wouldn't worry yet it's very early!

I have been using bio oil and I managed to find the placenta noise but I am not sure that means anything!

I'm so confused as my boobs have started aching slightly and I don't know what to think now x

I have been using bio oil and I managed to find the placenta noise but I am not sure that means anything!

I'm so confused as my boobs have started aching slightly and I don't know what to think now x

Bless ya hun, I really do feel for you, I was a shaky wreck in the first trimester, I remember I found lil one just under the knicker bone in the middle, had to press quite firmly aiming it under. Give that a go, if not I will have a look at some more YouTube videos for you, see if I can figure out where baby might be. Also, if you get really stuck I will send my Doppler to you xx

Last edited:
Oh bless you :( I appreciate it must be so hard but try not to get worked up.. My midwife took 10 minutes to find the heartbeat at 16 weeks and as Lisey said some won't even check as it can be difficult to find at all. I do think dopplers are good for reassurance but this is the dark side of them - take a step back and stop trying for a little while, try to stop analysing your symptoms as your mind can play very convincing tricks on you.. I am sure all is fine hun, sending you hugs xx

I have spoken to a couple of professionals this morning (one of which is from Wessex Fertility where I get my treatment from) and they have both said that it can be quite normal for the symptoms to drop off and to not feel pregnant around this time but it is does not necessarily mean that things have gone wrong.

I am not going to use my Doppler again for a bit but it is quite old so may not be as sensitive and I am a size 14 so may have some excess fat. I did hear the wind tunnel noise on it and I have read that it can be a good sign but there are conflicting opinions on that.

I am a wreck and after 10 miscarriages, I want this to work so badly and having never been this far before I don't know what to expect x

Hi hun I tried my Doppler for first time with this pregnancy last night (I was 11 weeks yesterday) and me and hubby couldnt find the heartbeat either so probably going to leave it another week and try again. I remember it taking a while with my son too xxx

I have been fretting all day and was in tears last night but now today I am feeling so sick again and my boobs have begun to ache a little. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to jump and think things have gone wrong??

I am not going to try the Doppler, I will leave it until after my 12 week scan on Tuesday x

Its natural to worry after miscarriages. I think its a good idea not to use the doppler as it is causing too much worry. Lots of luck for Tuesday xx

I know but sometimes I can't help it :-(

I shall just keep trying to stay positive and not worry. Hopefully Tuesday will be a good day.

I don't want to use my Doppler again yet anyway as my belly hurts a little today x

I can't even imagine the levels of anxiety you're experiencing after so much heartache but you're doing the right thing by stepping away from the Doppler and trying to stay positive.. Have a wonderful weekend and keep yourself busy, I hope that Tuesday is the happiest day for you.. My symptoms all but disappeared at 10 weeks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back