Doppler.......

Leeann10

Reaction score
Has anyone got one and can find the HB yet at 11+1? I can hear a different sound to my artery slightly off to the left but that's it! I am so worried that my baby isn't alive x

Intrigued to know too, or how early you can hear a heartbeat from, was thinking of buying one tomorrow.
I think if you can hear a different sound then it should be heartbeat x

It is slow like my heartbeat but sounds more like a windtunnel noise than the usual sound of my artery.

I don't really know what to expect as this is the first time I have gone this far in pregnancy before x

It is slow like my heartbeat but sounds more like a windtunnel noise than the usual sound of my artery.

I don't really know what to expect as this is the first time I have gone this far in pregnancy before x

Could be the placenta if it's a wooshing type noise then that could be the placenta... If it is then baby's heartbeat should be close! Best to start with the probe just above knicker line and in line with your belly button then use plenty of gel and keep the probe in the same spot but just angle the probe in a circle but keeping to the same spot! U tube videos are good to watch someone do it. Good luck :) xxx

Baby's heartbeat should be around 140 or above and sound like a train, much faster than your own xx

Also move the probe very slowly and have the volume on max! X

That sounds like it's the placenta you're hearing. Like Lou says, baby should be close by. Bubs will be very low. Does your doppler have the reading on it so that you can see how high it is? Xx

My Doppler doesn't have the reading on it, I believe it is an older one that someone gave me.

I was pointed pretty much in the middle just above my pubic bone when the sound was different to my actual heartbeat or the sound of my artery. It was easy enough to find but it isn't fast like I have heard but then I am a size 14 normally so it may be that I have a bit too much fat in the way yet x

If it's an old doppler it prob isn't as sensitive at picking it up xx

Yeah I have had it for about 3 years and the person before me had it a couple of years before that.

It's a sonoline but how old I have no idea, I just know it isn't a new one x

My baby is waaaay more to the left than I expected and still only about and inch above pubic bone and I'm nearly 15 weeks xx

That's a good point actually. Mine always used to be to the right. She moves about now but at 11 weeks she was more or less in the same place xx

I can't find anything on the right apart from my heart beat but to the left I can find a different sound that isn't fast but sounds different to me x

Even now I can lose babies heartbeat if I move Doppler even slightly, I wouldn't panic if you can't find heart beat. I couldn't with my firsts and got myself in a right state and she's nearly 8 years old now lol . If you are going to try again I suggest very low down and pointing almost underneath or right above pubic bone, moving Doppler very slowly and changing angle after a few seconds. I'm sure if you find it you will know it, it will sound much faster than yours . Good luck x

I know it sounds very fast but I kept finding a different sound that would move away and then come back randomly! Maybe that's baby I'm hearing? Xx

Could be if it moves away. Is it like a train or galloping sound? Xx

I don't know, it just kept fading and it did just sound different to me hearing the blood through my artery!

I can't hear a fast heartbeat so maybe I shall keep trying x

It will be fast but at the stage prob won't be very loud as make sure volume is all the way up. Have you watched YouTube vids so you know what to listen for? Xx

Yeah I know what I should hear but maybe I am little too fat to hear it yet xx

Its still v early. My midwife wouldn't even check at 16 weeks as she said sometimes it can't be found and causes worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back