• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

doppler

Bellarina

Reaction score
Hey girls

hubby has bought me a doppler for xmas...iv tried it but coodnt find hb :( is 10 wks too early? If not maybe i.was in wrong.place wer shood it b?

Xxxx

It varies Hun for different ppl as it depends where the baby is and stuff. I had a Doppler but I was further gone than you Hun so I knew it would work so don't worry as 10 weeks is very early.

What does it say on the box? X

I found hb on an angelsounds jumper at 9+6 but I spent ages trying to find it and I know I was lucky that early. Don't worry, you'll find it very soon x

I found a hb just before 10 weeks so it can be done :)
When I first used my doppler I found the heart beat a lot lower than I imagined. If you start right down just above the pubic bone then work your way up and across.
Good luck finding it. xx

The baby will be really low down at 10 weeks hun so try along your top bikini line to start with. Don't forgot there are lots of hiding places at 10 wks as baby is so small so you may have to persevere & hb may come and go.

It's also harder I believe if you have an anterior placenta so don't worry if u can't find it yet it might just be too early.

Merry Christmas hun! xx

Last edited:
I had the angel sounds one and for d heart beat at around 10 weeks but then the next day I couldn't find it at all babies can hide so easily that small I couldn't even find it the other day and I'm almost 15 weeks now. Then my Doppler broke! Lol so it depends on baby and I spent hours and hours looking for baby found nothing and at my 12 week scan everything was good :)

Thanks for replies girls

I tried again tonight as had all family around me incl my grandpa an thought.it wood b nice for us all to hear but no joy unfortunately :(

Xxx

Try not to worry. I couldn't find hb at 11 weeks and I tired again at 13 and there it was. X

It's hard to find past 20 weeks hun never mind that early!

I'm almost 37 weeks and even hospital had trouble finding it when put on trace as she moves around so much.

Hey hun

i have the angelsound jumper and found babies heartbeat at 13 weeks, i didn't try before that. Even at 13 weeks baby was stupidly low down. I had to place doppler right above my pubic bone and kinda angel in downwards, if that makes sense?!

Also start at one side and work your way to the other using small circular movements, leave the doppler there a couple of mins then move on.

Also what lubricant are you using?? I used baby oil and found this works a treat, but some ladies recommend water! So you could give them both a go.

But as everyone has said, don't worry yourself, 10 weeks is still so very early and there is so much space in there. I'm 18 weeks now and find it really hard to find and keep heartbeat. So i've given up, i usually just plonker the monitor on and listen to him moving about instead!! Occasionally i'll hear his heartbeat as he moves past, but not for long!! Lol

x x x

To make it slightly easier make sure you've got a full bladder and like the others have said start at your bikini line! Xxx

I didn't own a doppler until I was about 15 weeks I think and I remember it taking me quite a while to hear his HB. Now at 19 weeks I find it pretty much instantly everytime. I find it very easy to find as it is always in the same place, right down on my pubic bone kinda on top of my c section scar. It never seems to be higher up my tummy which suprises me. If you can't find it though don't worry, you are still very early. I also use Baby oil like Emma said and it's perfect, on top of that my tummy gets baby oil rubbed into it daily so hopefully that will help with my future stretch marks lol

I couldn't find my baby's hb til 15 weeks!
I tried at 12 but it was too early. X

I would say its too early, yea it's possible but as there's so many hiding places your just end up stressing your self out,
Give it another 2 weeks and try the middle just above your Pubic hair lime and point the doppler down wards and move it slowly you will pick up your own pulse at first but the baby's heartbeat will sound like a train you will know the diffrence x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back