Don't want to panic but Baby has gone a bit quiet today...

L-Kate

Reaction score
Hoping you can advise me...I fell on the ice last monday and went to A&E to get checked out. Monitoring showed everything was fine although they said the baby was a bit sleepy (glad he managed to sleep through mummy's ordeal!) so they asked me to drink cold water to wake him up which he did! I was so relieved then but last night and today he's hardly been moving around at all - is it usual for babies to get a bit snoozy at this 3rd tri stage? I don't want to panic but as it's my first baby I'd just like to know whether to worry or not? I understand it's getting cramped in there and maybe he's not got so much room to move like before but I keep thinking is this some kind of delayed injury as a result of my fall? Feel like I'm always worrying about it even though I was told he was alright. I don't want to be a panicky mum as I know this doesn't help me or him! :(

how many weeks you??? have u tried drinking cold water and just chilling??? is the baby moving at all???

there wont be much space inthere now hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

babys movements do slow down in the last few weeks. I wouldnt worry urself too much,however they say u should feel baby move at least 10 times a day so if u havent felt much tonight then i'd phone ur midwife xx

I'm 33 weeks - he kicked maybe once this morning but it is like he's really sleepy or something. I have tried drinking cold water and he moved once soon after but now he's been quiet for a few hours - it's very strange the way he's so sluggish.

im sure he is just sleeping hun, does ur baby have any pattern to his movements??? Mine goes crazy at nights and in the middle of the night, i sometimes dont feel babe all day!!!

If ur worried hun contact ur MW :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah, he did have a pattern of activity, just after eating and as soon as I'd lie down on my left side - I was actually getting a bit sore with his elbows scraping and poking in there but I never minded of course. I will keep an eye on him and call the MW if it carries on tonight. Thanks so much for the advice, it's so good to have someone to talk to about this. :hug:

I hope you're ok lovely :hug:
They sometimes say if you haven't felt baby for a while try to have something sweet to eat (good excuse for chocolate, or biscuits!), and then sit or lie quietly to concentrate on movements. Is it worth noting down everytime baby moves whilst you're concerned so you've got a record of what's going on?
Don't worry about being a panicky mum - if you're concerned, speak to someone - you're just being a caring mum, not a panicky one.

Hope you feel better soon
xx

I hope you're ok lovely :hug:
They sometimes say if you haven't felt baby for a while try to have something sweet to eat (good excuse for chocolate, or biscuits!), and then sit or lie quietly to concentrate on movements. Is it worth noting down everytime baby moves whilst you're concerned so you've got a record of what's going on?
Don't worry about being a panicky mum - if you're concerned, speak to someone - you're just being a caring mum, not a panicky one.

Hope you feel better soon
xx

Thank you for your kind words - I don't really have anyone to ask so is wonderful to hear other mum's advice on this. XX :hug:

I'd always suggest seeking advice to put your mind at rest. Do be aware though, that baby's movements slow down towards the end of pregnancy, poor bubs is running out of room!! :lol:

Hope you feel something soon x

:wave: i wrote a topic on this last week as my bubs went quiet for 2 days. but he is bk to norm with a vengence wont give me 5 mins peace. so dnt be alarmed bubs will pick its time to kick ten bells out of you :hug:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your fall, us pregnant ladies have a tough enough time eing clumsy and un balanced without the help of ice!

I sometimes shine a torch on my belly if worried, LO seems to always respond to that ( well 95% of the time)
Mine has always been a little sluggish and is definately a night time baby but I have been more worried
over the last few weeks as he seems more sluggish than usual. But I got monitored at my last MW app and
all was fine so I guess he's just running out of room and using it as even more of an excuse to be lazy like his father!

If you are really worried give the mw a call, at least will put your mind at rest but maybe its just getting a bit snug in there :lol:

Oh, thank you for all your reassurances - he moved a bit last night, not a great deal but enough to make me feel better. I will definitely try the torch idea. I hadn't thought of that. I was tempted to try and drink some Fanta (last time he was very active and got hiccups!) but I thought the intense sugar rush wasn't good for him. I'm seeing a midwife tomorrow and I will ask her to check him over.
The ice incident was really scary, but worst of all there were people passing but none of them asked me if I was ok. It was a bit depressing to say the least. Thanks again ladies. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back