Don't know what to do

TeeUK

Reaction score
Sorry bit of a long moan

I just got my scan letter through the post for 29th Dec at 8:45am. I am sat here wondering if to call them to bring it forward as I've had two mc's.

My dilemma is I really want to know before xmas so I can go to in-laws and surprise them with scan pics as we haven't told them yet. The other side is what if I have scan and it shows another mmc...xmas will be ruined.

we have decided to tell them I'm pregnant when we go up there but what if they get all excited and scan brings bad news! Oh the pressure :wall2:

I just don't know what to do.

was also toying with the idea of hiring a Doppler but if I can't find a heartbeat I will drive myself crazy.

Although my symptoms have eased off I still feel pregnant (I lost all symptoms with mc's and didn't feel pregnant) but the body is cruel and I keep reading of women who still feel pregnant have loads symptoms and still find a mmc at 12 week scan.

It's driving me crazy with worry I just feel like crying all the time. My bf and daughter want to come to scan and part of me wants to go alone as I cope with bad news better on my own. Of course I won't stop them coming but they will be devastated if something has gone wrong and I feel pressure for them to. The thought of laying there seeing their faces while I get bad news is horrible...I'm one of those people that just wants to be alone when something bad happens.

I know I should stay positive and try not to stress but I can't help it

What would you girls do?

Wait till after xmas and try to be positive or try to get earlier scan but with the prospect of xmas being ruined if it's bad news....

Reading what you have put I would get a scan before, if they can't fo it could you pay for an earlier one privately? It seems u will spend Xmas worrying therefore put your mind at rest. Besides wouldn't you want to be confident when telling your family instead of telling them with that little bit of doubt?xxxx

I'd give them a call hun and let them know what you've told us. Hopefully they'll be able to fit you in a bit sooner for some reassurance xxxx

Its a hard decision. I'd phone them anyway, they can only say no. How far will you be on the 29th?

I really hope they can bring it forward for you :hug:

Personally I would rather know sooner than later. You could ring them and say you'll be away that week and ask for it to be bought forward.

Am sure everything's fine hunny :hug: xxxxxxxx

My scan is booked for 8.30am on the 29th so I know how you feel. I've had one mmc and one mc so the past few weeks I've been really anxious. In the end I decided to go for a private scan and so I've got that next week.

like people have said try getting it moved forwards if poss.hopefully if u explain your past history they will try to book u in erlier or maybe people here have had private scans and can tell u roughly how much it would cost for one.fingers crossed the hosp can bring it forward so u know either way.hugs xx

Thank you ladies, I'm still not sure what to do.....bf said it's up to me but if it is bad news he thinks it will spoil xmas and if I have scan now or later it won't change the outcome.

Babyelmo... My last Af was 17th Sept on a 39 day...I had sex on 14th 15th 16th Oct so I think on 29th Dec I will be about 11 weeks since ovulation add another 2 weeks .. add 2 weeks that would make me 13 weeks...however they took it from my af (a normal one) which would put me at 15 weeks...if so why they wait so long...

So confusing to me lol

Well when I went to see my midwife she also asked my cycle length so maybe they are taking your dates rather than a normal cycle?

I have a 31 day cycle. My midwife did the usual normal one and its 3 days ahead and my last scan with Leo was at 12 weeks and 6 days :S so by going by her dates it would be 12 weeks and 5 days x plus they are both on the 13th >.< lol x

yup she could very well have, although when I said to her I ovulated late she said oh we won't tell them that then maybe you can get scan earlier....maybe she changed her mind :roll:

I wouldn't worry to much, I was put back three days with Leo, and I'm guessing the same this time. As I had early scan at 8 weeks and 2 days, they estimated 7 weeks and 6 days. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back