Don't grill me for this.....

Moomum

Reaction score
.... on the advice of my health visitor, i've started weaning Ruby and she's so much happier and settled.

My question is.... when making fruit/vegetable purees, do you add them to something like baby rice or potatoe or give them totally on their own?

I would say at the age Ruby is to mix it with baby rice to make the taste milder.

The fruits/veg on their own might be a bit strong for her taste buds

Hope that helps! :hug:

I sometimes add a bit of baby rice to his purees but it's more of a faff expressing a bit of milk to make up some baby rice than giving him the puree on its own. So far we've had carrot & pear, Apple & pear and carrot/parsnip/butternut puree! When he was constipated I made him a prune puree :puke: but made it with baby rice to water it down a bit.

I tried whizzing down some potatoe today for a base, Bloody mistake that was :evil: went like glue :? :wall:

aww bless, immys not great with spuds either but any home food i do i have to mash it down and add plenty of water otherwise she gets constipated.

hi hun, when i make ryans food, i save the water i boiled the veg in and if it is too thick i just add some of that, as it contains some vitamins from the veg. And dont worry about people 'grilling' you, i started weaning ryan at 3.5months and hes never been happier xx feel free to PM me if you need anything xx :hug:

Moomum said:
I tried whizzing down some potatoe today for a base, Bloody mistake that was :evil: went like glue :? :wall:

Apparently you need to use a food grinder/mouli for potatoes. I bought the Annabel Karmel grinder from Boots, only used it once so far, but plan to use it for other foods that don't blend well like peas and sweetcorn.

Oh, and I do sometimes add baby rice straight to my fruit/veg purees, just to thicken them up a bit.

normally sweet potato is ok to blend without going like chewing gum!

Yeah the sweet potato blended just fine - and the butternut squash.

ahh don't feel like people will grill you, we all have to follow our babies when it comes to weaning and if she needs it she needs it simple as that. I only waited till 6 months cos Jack was happy on his milk! Hope it's going well for you :hug:

Thanks everyone :) It's going really well (apart from the spud lol) I'm finding I have to push the food through a sieve as well to get rid of the lumpy bits :roll: It's a pain really, but I'm sure I'll find a method that works..... eventually :wall:

Oh - and thanks for the non-grilling :wink: :hug:

Moomum said:
Thanks everyone :) It's going really well (apart from the spud lol) I'm finding I have to push the food through a sieve as well to get rid of the lumpy bits :roll: It's a pain really, but I'm sure I'll find a method that works..... eventually :wall:

Oh - and thanks for the non-grilling :wink: :hug:
That's how I did prunes when Finn wasn't pooing! I smooshed them through a sieve to get the skins and stones out :puke: Prunes really are foul things.

Personally I'd not bother with potatoe and just have butternut squash or sweet potatoe, I know Isaac still doesn't like potatoes I think I read they aren't often liked for their strong starch'iness by LO's. Very best wishes, have fun!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

i add a bit of unsalted butter nd baby milk to my potatoes n blend them in a liquidiser nd they dont go like glue. i just gave my LO pure fruit and she loved it her fave was bananas so when introducing new fruits i used to mix them with bananas for the forst couple of tastes before giving them on their own so it wasnt to strong for her. i started weaning my LO at 4 months too and she was soo much happier also good luck hun

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back