Infasoy.

Nonabean

Reaction score
Hey!!

Alexander had constant diarrhoea and vomiting until he was 6 weeks old, at which point I decided to try him on Infasoy milk. I mentioned this to my health visitor but it must have gone over her head as it's not on her notes.

Anyway, since then he's had no sickness, and solid, regular poos. We had a covering health visitor in (mine is in hospital) and she's not impressed that he's on infasoy without seeing the GP.

She's coming to the house to "talk" to me about it tomorrow.

Anyone got any advice, or information. I know it's best for him, he's a far happier baby, but I just know she's going to barrage me with information.

Help please. (He's gained more than 5lbs in the 8 weeks he's been on it).

xxx

They don't recommended soya milk as it contains oestrogen and more sugar. She may come and recommend a prescription formula. xx

Both my hv and gp have told me to keep Albert on soya as he is doing so well. If she says anything about it tell her you want to be referred to allergy testing. The diarrhoea is the main symptom of milk intolerance so make sure you tell her how bad it is and how much better he is on soya. The uk is the only EU country who says that about 6 months and over and it is only a recommendation nothing more.

At the end of the day if it was for religious or moral grounds ie veganism they wouldn't be able to criticise you. He's your baby and you are perfectly within your rights to feed him however you wish. If soya was that bad they wouldn't be able to advertise it as suitable from birth.

Stick to your guns chick. I didn't make the decision to swap lightly but it's the best thing I've done for my boy xxxxxx

Hi,my sister son has milk allergy so she put him on soya milk as well but been told by hv that it is not suitable for babies under 6 months so she got prescription from doctors for neocate milk i think

Last edited:
Thanks ladies! I think!! We're getting prescribed Pepti, which is Apatamil Soy milk for babies under 6 months. But! I've to wait to be referred to a dietician, and until then leave him on the infasoy.

Xx

Thanks ladies! I think!! We're getting prescribed Pepti, which is Apatamil Soy milk for babies under 6 months. But! I've to wait to be referred to a dietician, and until then leave him on the infasoy.

Xx

hey hun

let us know how you get on, as my LO poos conslantly on aver 10x a day if not more!! docs have sent a sample of poo off to see what is causing it as they think he may have an intolerence of some sort to his milk so its just a case of wait and see

hope ur lo is ok :hugs:xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back