Worried with weaning

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in a bit of a tizz and feel a bit alone! The weaning seems a minefield and that I'm kinda on my own just hoping I'm doing it right! Can u lovely ladies offer but of support and advice plz? Aiden was bottle fed and at just over 5 month I started weaning baby rice cereal and homemade purees fruit and veg! He loves it and no probs with it! I currently have have him on 3 meals porridge or cereal then a fruit meal and then a veg one! He has 5oz bottles with each and an 8oz at night! So I think he gets enough milk and he he eats a fair bit too! Does this sound ok? Also do u give puddings? So
Sometimes at lunch I mix a fromaige fraig with fruit but some people would call this a pudding? So should he have had something before that? So sorry I know I'm going on, but it's a big responsibilty and I want to know im doing ok for him?
As for blw?? Not sure if we can do thus now we started on purees, so I guess u call it finger foods! I'd like to give him some of these too and I can't see why I can't mix the two, but im scared to death he is going to choke! Sorry a long one I know! Thanks for reading if u got this far :) xx

your doing fine by the sounds of it Hun,
Tegan has porridge for breakfast,
sandwich etc for lunch (she's 7 months so were doing a bit of blw and tw) followed by half a fruit pot.
something Pureed for tea followed by half a yogurt.
Babys hardly ever choke as there gag Reflex is further forward than ours. hope this helps a little xx

Isla was doing something similar at his age. She now has cereal or porridge, lunch is a purée meal followed by a fruit pot or yogurt, and tea is something similar. I offer biscotti and fruit through the day along with whatever I'm eating. I'm still breastfeeding in-between.

I don't think you can do it wrong, if he's enjoying the food then keep going. As for finger food, start with soft things like banana, or organix carrot sticks. Isla loves them and sucks them until they are squiggy!

Emma x

I went on a blw website I think gill rapley's website and learnt so much about blw. I do abit of both but after reading the info on that site it put my mind at rest and even though charley sometimes gag I don't rush to him I let him sort himself out.
As for what your doing, it sounds fine. Charley's a very hungry baby so I always offer pudding after lunch and dinner, if he's hungry, he'll eat it if not then he won't x x

Thanks ladies just needed some reassurance! I so want to give him some food to chew himself but I'm just so scared he's going to choke!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back