Dominic James 19/09/2014

KellyES

Reaction score
Dominic James whose due date was the 24/10/2014 arrived by emergency c-section on the 19/09/2014.

We had developed gestational diabetes at around 25 weeks gestation and over time we believed we were controlling it with it metformin and insulin. However the fortnightly growth scans showed him being off the scale with his weight, head circumference, abdominal circumference and femur length despite the sugar levels being in a good range. We continued with the insulin and metformin and increased the dosage in a bid for it to start working. I then came in for a scan a week after a growth scan on the 09/09/2014 to check the amniotic fluid, cord and placenta. The amniotic fluid was very high and they decided to admit me the next day to have steroids in preparation for a premature baby the next day and booked my a provisinal date for a c-section on the 25/09/2014. I stayed in over night for the steroid injections because my blood sugar levels went all over the place due to the steroids. I was discharged on 11/09/2014 feeling quite fine but was very poorly over the whole weekend. I was due at the next growth scan on 16/09/2014 and that revealed a baby measuring and weighing in at around 41 weeks gestation, However the fluid had gone down. So I was booked in for another scan of amniotic fluid on the 19/09/2014. That scan showed the fluid up again and I hadn't been well that morning. It was them decided it was time for my little man to enter the work that afternoon. I arrived for my appointment at 9:15, was scanned and had seen the consultant by 10:00 and on labour ward 5 mins later being prepped for the section.

Dominic James was born at 14:32 weighing in at a very healthy 7lb 9.5oz. He was whisked to SCBU after a short while and a brief meet between us both as he needs oxygen, but he did manage to cry by himself.

He is still on SCBU now and does need oxygen from time to time but he also comes out of the incubator when possible and into a cot so he is making slow progress.

I feel great. Both our sugar levels are normal again and they say the placenta wasn't working for us properly.

I'm a very proud mummy again <3

Congratulations hun, glad he's doing well.

Michelle.x

Congratulations Kelly, fantastic news. Glad you and Dominic are both doing well. Love the name too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back