Slow heart rate?

Bertie

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks pregnant from my LMP (28/09/09) and had the digital ovulation test was positive on the 14/10/09. I had sex on the 15/09/09.

I went for a scan today and the embryo and gestational sac were both small (5mm and 20mm) and I was given an estimated gestation of about 6.5 weeks based on that. She said she could see a heart beat but didn't say anything about the rate. She said I should come back in 2 weeks to check everything is OK. When I looked at her report it says the heart rate was 96 beats per minute and when I looked it up that seems quite slow.

I haven't had any bleeding or pain but now I'm really worried and 2 weeks seems a long time to wait. Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

Welcome to the forum.

I think if she's have been worried about the HB she would have said something so as to prepare you for anything happening. So I'd take that as positive and try not to worry :)

I agree with MM. Also, I should have been 12 weeks exactly from LMP but I was actually 9+2, my periods were irregular but I only had sex once the whole month, so I was expecting to be 10 more like 10+2 but obviously for me conception must have happened quite a while after xx

Hi Bertie
From reading all the posts on here it sounds like there's a huge difference in the growth rate on folks scans. Maybe if you've got a slow starter it's little heart hasn't fully developed the four chambers yet so might not be beating at full kilter yet? Do they say it's 150 bpm at 8 weeks?
I'm sure they would have said something if they had been concerned. Hopefully the little bean will have caught up by the next scan!!

Unfortunately a scan 2 weeks later showed no further growth and absent heart beat. I'm waiting for a D&C next week if I do not spontaneously miscarry earlier.

i am so sorry to read this. i had the same thing happen to me i 2008. :( terrible terrible thing to have to go through xx

Oh sweetie i'm so sorry to read this, thinking of you x :hug:

aww sorry to hear this :( i think its shocking that people are sent home to 'wait' for a miscarriage knowing whats inside. :( hope ur ok :hug: xx

me too. it sent me insane when i was sent home for over a week with a dead baby inside me. terrible system.

I naturally miscarried the night before my D&C! was horrific x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back