SHARNE'S (STEELGODDESS) LABOUR THREAD - HAYDEN'S HERE!!

mandspice

Reaction score
09/09/08 0900

Not too much to tell you all yet but Sharne was given the first pessary late last night (sometime after midnight). She is currently being monitored and is a bit frustrated at only being 1cm dilated so far - but she's hanging in there and says the ward she's on is lovely - there's only one other lady there and they're helping each other through it. Will update later.

1600 09/09/08 - UPDATE 2

Sharne's now 2cm dilated and has just been given more gel. She's not in any pain assuch yet but says "the pain train needs to hurry up"

1830 09/09/08 - UPDATE 3

Sharne will next be examined at 10pm when, providing things are progressing, they'll break her waters. Dexter and I may be in bed by then so will update again in the morning!

0900 10/09/08 - UPDATE 4

A fairly uneventful night for Sharne unfortunately :( She was still at 2cm when examined in the night. However, as soon as a bed becomes available on the labour ward this morning they're going to send her down there and break her waters :cheer: so hopefully things will start to happen soon after that. She probably won't be able to have her waterbirth now :( but she's coping well and staying optimistic....she has been able to check the forum once or twice and thanks you all for your wishes and encouragement - keep em coming!

1600 10/09/08 - UPDATE 5

Sharne is now on the labour ward and has had her waters broken which she said was shocking as they gushed everywhere! They are going to give her the drip to speed things up. She's not in any pain just yet and says she'll see how things go pain relief wise. She's in pretty good spirits considering how long it's taking and her OH is there with her. Come on baby Hay!!

2000 10/09/08 - UPDATE 6

It's all gone quiet by text. Last text she was enjoying the gas and air and having contractions - let's hope the silence means she's too preoccupied to text! I have a feeling he'll be here sooner rather than later.....will let you all know as soon as I know.

0700 11/09/08 - UPDATE 7

Yinka (sharne's OH) texted me in the night to say she was 5-6cm dilated, so progressing slowly but surely. She's had an epidural (I don't blame her, I was induced and you bloody need it!). The last text was at 330am......little Hayden is really putting poor mummy through it but we all know how strong Sharne is and she'll be coping well. Looks like today will be the day whatever happens! x

0942 11/09/08 - UPDATE 8 - HE'S ARRIVED!!

Just got this text from Yinka - "Hayden Xavier Ronald Okunade was born at 841 today weighing in at a healthy 9lb 5oz"

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: yayyyy - I think we'll all agree mum did fabulously :cheer:

Ive been waiting for this thread thismorning LOL :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

thanks for the update hun :hug:

Hope things start moving for Sharne soon ! xxx

Ooh... good luck Sharne... I will be watching out all day for updates. :pray:

Exciting! She text me last night to say she had just had the gel. Woohoo! He is on his way! :D :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

good luck and hope things speed along for you Sharne xx

good luck sharne i will be watching this thread all day now.! :cheer:

Good luck Sharne..thinking of you :hug:
having been induced myself i know frustrating it can be...chin up...bubs will be here soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back