Dolls (Female Variety) For Boys?

kazlin

Reaction score
What is your view on boys playing with dolls? My view is that there is nothing wrong with it, girls (I did) play with cars and trains, so I don't really see a difference.
I will add though that if Dan man wanted one he would have to ask for one, I wouldn't just buy him one for xmas.

On a slightly different slant, when I was little I used to go to ballet, a boy cousin came over and wanted to try on my ballet gear, dress, shoes headband etc. His mum didn't mind and let him, but his dad looked really uncomfortable. It wasn't as if my cousin was 15, he was only about 7 bless him :lol:

My step son plays with Islas toys and i dont have a problem with it, she plays with his toys too. I dont get why someone would have a problem with it? :think:

I thought this post was about dolls of the inflatable kind for boys :rotfl: in which case its a no. :rotfl:

I see no issues in little boys playing with girls toys whatsoever :)

I teach year R and most of our boys play with the dolls and the pushchairs, when they are available, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. (i have to admit that I enjoy telling certain Dads this when they ask what they like to play with!!)

Oops I clicked wrong one by accident, I don't see a problem with it but click no way by accident :oops: sorry!

The fact is many little boys LOVE to play with dolls. I worked in a hotel creche that saw the boys make a b line to the barbie house. On several occasions we had fathers complain (not mothers!) that we were letting their boys play with dolls even though it was the child's choice.

Glad we didn't tell them their boys had also dressed in ballet gear previous to that... :rotfl:

Why not? My brother and I used to play with my Sindy dolls and then half an hour later we'd be playing with his He-Men or whatever (although to be fair Action Man and He-Man and that were like dolls anyway, no?!)

Lego - that's a better example. I used to sort the bits into piles by type (I was anal even then) and Matthew would ask for the one he wanted. Of course, we'd normally end up fighting after about 10 minutes.

As a teacher i would say its educationally beneficial, as they get to role play areas/ roles and chrarcters that they might not get much experience in.
Controversial here (own opinion alert :rotfl: )
- I also agree with letting small children role play with toy weapons, as long as the play is structured, modelled and supervised and there is a consequence if someone is 'killed' - i.e - that child then sits out of the game.
There has been a study into the increase of weapon violence in real life, as many youngsters had no experience of playing with toy guns etc, as it was deemed a bad influence..yet in the real world, they may be exposed to them as teens and not fully understand the consequences...

don't shoot me :rotfl: just my opinion

Ps: I mean through games such as 'cops & robbers' etc.

I don't think it matters either TBH.

When George was a toddler if we were in a doctors waiting room and there were dolls to play with he'd play with them.
I don't see there is any difference to girls playing with an Action Man.

I think it is more men who have a problem with their 'son' playing with a doll than women do.
I'm quite sure my OH would have something to say if this little boy plays with a doll, I on the other hand wouldn't mind!

I wont have any probs with my son playing with dolls or girls toys, but I wouldn't buy him dolls and therefore clicked No way. OH would have a fit if I came home with barbie for our LO to play with :rotfl: He will have a cousin with plenty of dolls to play with if he really wants to. My Dad used to steal his sisters dolls pram when he was little bless him....I think he probably felt left out so he used to push her pram everywhere hee hee :lol:

I have lots of nephews at every one of them at some point has asked for and been given a doll and a pushchair for their birthday or Christmas present. They play with them as if they were any other toy and discard them in the same way later on! If it keeps 'em happy, why not!? I wish I could have had a few more boys toys when I was younger- I was always jealous of my friends who had brothers! Boys toys always seemed so much more exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back