Boys having a dolls pram?

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
What are your thoughts?
Harrison loves trying to push his buggy and play with some of his girl friends dolls ones. I wanted to get him one for his birthday, I've found a blue one for him and also get him a little boy doll but I'm worried what people are gonna think, I dont want them to think my Son's gonna be gay cause he plays with a doll and buggy :oops: I'm probably sounding a bit over the top but sometimes I worry what others think.

My nephew got a doll for his 1st christmas. He's 4 now and think it's disgusting! Lol. He'll grow out of it.
His brother is 1 now, and he copies me with this doll. He walks around patting it's bum and kissing it on the head. They're just little boys that don't know any better. It's not doing him any harm, as it won't be long before he wants his cars and being distructive. If you're happy, and your little boy is happy then ignore other people.

I've been wondering about getting DS a baby doll when this baby arrives so that he can copy me looking after it. OH wouldn't let him have a toy hoover though (because it's a 'girl' toy :roll: ) so I don't think he'd be happy about a doll.

IT's a shame that they have to be so stereotyped, noone would look twice at a girl with a toy car / sword etc, but they're shocked when you suggest dolls/kitchens etc for boys.

Maybe Harrison could have a pram at home but not take it out if you're worried about comments?

Last edited:
kieron had a pram when he was little, we lived next door to my neice and they were always playing with dolls and prams i dont see any harm i think its a good thing

I would let him have the pram. Maybe a blue one but there is nothing wrong with him playing with it. As I type Joe is making me and Jess tea with her fifi t set. I think as they get to nusrsery and get older, the male thing kicks in.

maybebaby, get him a boy doll. There is a boy doll at nursery with a 'winkle' . Jess has giggled about it a few times.

hmmm in my experience most men are gay because they fancy other men, not because they have prams ;). My OH pushes Seren around in her buggy, and even fed her, changed her nappy etc and so far he is showing no signs of liking musicals/loving Judy Garland/getting a flair for interior design (insert other gay stereotype as appropriate).

I personally would get my son a buggy and let him play with it with pride. If people still have these outdated beliefs that a toy can influence someones sexuality that is their problem. And if he did "turn out" gay I wouldn't be bothered and certainly not blaming myself.

Let your son have his buggy. Seren loves being a pirate, or playing with her cars, then the next day is a Princess. Its just imaginitive play.

hmmm in my experience most men are gay because they fancy other men, not because they have prams ;). My OH pushes Seren around in her buggy, and even fed her, changed her nappy etc and so far he is showing no signs of liking musicals/loving Judy Garland/getting a flair for interior design (insert other gay stereotype as appropriate).

I personally would get my son a buggy and let him play with it with pride. If people still have these outdated beliefs that a toy can influence someones sexuality that is their problem. And if he did "turn out" gay I wouldn't be bothered and certainly not blaming myself.

Let your son have his buggy. Seren loves being a pirate, or playing with her cars, then the next day is a Princess. Its just imaginitive play.

I'd have no problem with Oliver having a pram or a doll - I'd hope that it would influence him a little bit if he becomes a dad later in life, in the same way that it's seen as 'practice' for girls. But then I'd let him play with whatever he wanted (or dress up as a princess if he so desired!) - I wouldn't want to force him to fit into my ideas of what a boy should be or do. OH is the opposite though, he would only want him to play with boy toys because he thinks letting him have a doll would make him gay :roll:

beanie is right. And IMO people do more harm by suppressing this sort of thing. I think it is lovely that Harrison wants to push a pram :D

Ditto what others have said. Let him have the psuhchair and enjoy himself :) I think its great. He'll grow out of pushing it at some point I am sure but for as long as it lasts, go with it.

:D

As a child my favourite toys were my fisher price garage and the matchbox cars I'd inherited from my big brother, I didn't play with dolls very much. But once I started primary school I got hooked on my little ponies like all the other girls :)

James has been the same, when he was a toddler we went round to a friends house and he loved playing with the little girls pram. I decided to buy him one but couldnt find a blue one so he had bright pink. He used to fill the seat with cars and push them around (he had a wheelbarrow too but preferred the pram). He also used to sit in it when watching cbeebies :lol:

Now he's at school he's mad on transformers, lego starwars and indiana jones

I agree with the others.
I bought Tom a pram from ELC and he loves it. He pushes his teddies round in it and puts his toast and dummies in it too.
It only cost about £7.
I think it's sad not to get him something he'll enjoy just because of our rubbish, judgemental society.
Get him a pushchair Mica! He'll love it. And two fingers to all those old fogies who think a toy will turn him gay! xx

Thanks guy you have all made me feel so much better about it. I probably went a bit over the top with the whole gay thing but I know people are very judgemental these days and I worry so much about what others think, or will say about my baby boy!
I have seen that stroller in ELC Lucybee and I think we will get it too. it's so cute seeing him play with a doll, he wraps it in a blanket, not well but he tries :lol: gives it a kiss and lays it down. hehe.
Thanks again ladies :D

My mum had 4 girls and then my brother, so there was always
a pram around for him to push and dolls for him to play with.
He's 25 now and very much a ladies man xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back