Doh!!! Why did I just do that? It's an evap god damn it! LOL

skairdykat

Reaction score
I used my last CB Digital at 9.30pm on Sunday (I know I know lol). It was BFN as expected but I left it in my bedside table. I just remembered I left it there so took it apart ( :doh: ) and there is a thin line were a + result would be. I know it's prob evap but I can't help get excited again.

It was blue though, the same as the control. Aren't evaps grey?

Oh hun! I think its too long ago to get an accurate reading now. :? Can you get another test?

I ordered some online this morning so should get them in the next few days.

LOL why did I ever open it? :doh: It was Sunday not Saturday because Rob was playing darts at the time, and that was Sunday.

Oh hun, you'v done exactly what i do (EVERY MONTH)

Go and get yourself another test hun, or wait till your others arrive.

Praying for a BFP for you hun :hug:

Obviously I dont really want to rain on your parade, but....

The lines on the digital test stick (both Clearblue Easy Digital and e.p.t. Certainty) do not mean anything. They cannot be read like a regular test.

In simple terms, the digital test stick sucks up urine like a "regular" HPT. The test has a control line like every other HPT, to indicate the test worked properly. Then there is a "results zone" where a second line may or may not appear. Here's the difference: the second line may appear even if you are not pregnant, because the antibodies in the "results zone" are NOT testing ONLY for pregnancy hormone. Drumroll please. The "results zone" detects not only hCG (pregnancy hormone) . . . but also LH (luteinizing hormone.) LH is found in women's bodies almost all the time in some quantitity. (See the Fertility Info section for the nitty-gritty.) So, depending upon where you are in your cycle, how much LH your body produces normally (which can be thrown off by conditions like PCOS), you may see a second line even when there is no hCG ("Not Pregnant.")

To recap: most women will normally see 2 lines on the Clearblue Digital test, pregnant or not, simply because of the normal, average, boring presence of LH. Our naked eyes cannot determine the "shade" or "intensity" of the second line, meaning our naked eyes can't make heads or tails out of the result. When the display says "Not Pregnant," believe it, until proven otherwise

(from peeonastick.com)

Also, as it had been there for some time and was well out of the time frame for reading the test, you would have to assume it is now inaccurate.

However, I know you have ordered new tests and so I have my fingers crossed that the new ones will give you a clear no-nonsense + result :pray:

Good luck!

yep, unfortunalty they always have a second line, or nearly always anyway :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back