• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does what you eat affect your bump / baby size?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
I just wondered what peoples opinions where on this.

I have quite a sizeable bump I think, I dont think Im small thats for sure.
I eat sensible meals with veg in, dont eat alot of fruit though tbh.
Recently iv been having big bowls of pasta or cereal at midnight as ill get hungry all the time at the mo!
I just wondered if I didnt eat as much then I wouldnt have as big a bump / a big baby? (not that i no the baby size yet but at the scan everything was on track).

Or is it just if your gonna have a big bump / baby then thats what ya gonna get, same with if you have a small bump /baby?
Just wondered if things you do / eat affect your bump size or not?

As its got to the point that when I was in the bath earlier I cant even see my foof anymore, its depressing! I have to 'guess shave' now.
I just felt a bit down like why can't i have a nice small neat bump.

Last edited:
LOL bless you, bump is bump and as for not seeing your toes and guess shaving erm yes joys of pregnancy there hun :lol:

x

Bump is bump, like Wobbles says, but obviously if you put on extra weight then you might look bigger even though it won't affect baby's size!
As for the guess shaving, don't even get me started, got my sweep tomorrow and I know I'm only half done haha :)

Don't worry Lilly, your gonna get a bump the size that is natural for you, some ladies always have small bumps and some larger.

On the other extremes - There was a lady at my work, who had her baby in november and she made it quite public knowledge that she was fully using the eating for two as she was pregnant and can. We all poiltely tried to tell her not to see it that way or she would be left with extra weight as baby only really needed 300 extra calories during the last trimester. She didn't listen and proudly for some reason told us how the docs told her at 30 weeks to really slow down on the eating as she was getting too big and could cause complications.

I really thought she would end up in trouble and with a section, but she was induced and got baby out over three days herself,but baby was only 8lb 3 in the end! and she was left with 5 stone to loose!!

So you sound like your eating healthy and what weight you will be - will be hun X

I ate like a hippo with the munchies this last time and the only thing it affected was my big fat ass lol. My bump was the same with all of mine and they were: 7,7. 8,8 and 6,15

:rofl: lily I love you! I wish I could meet you in person, the questions just make me chuckle :rofl: I think if you eat and put on weight it goes elsewhere. Like I've got a small bump, but my bum and thighs are massive! I've never had that problem! Lol. X

Haha Ill let you know when Im next up In Chichester Lexi! lol
and same, I didnt think id put it on n where else but according to my ex 'my arse has got pretty chunky', so im thinking its all going to my bum! lol

by the way girls, the only time I put on weight on bum, thighs and love handles was when carrying a girl! and you two are both having girls....

See I believe in all that, girls are differant, but its wierd. i carried very low with my son and very high this time, but with my son I put on weight EVERYWHERE. Even more so than this time, I put on 3 stone with my son and was a proper chunky munky, double chin going on nd everything!
This time its only 1 1/2 stone so far.

Last edited:
Yeah jen I believe that too, I think girls and girls are a harder mix as the hormones are the same and stuff, so probably why I look like a house! I can't wait to have her :) x

:shock:@ 5 stone to lose!!

when I was pregnant with K i ate like there was no tomorrow, whilst i was working, I'd eat toast on the way to work, then munch on a sandwich about 7.30-8ish, then go and have a full english, then have a 3 course lunch, snack all day, go home, have something like a pizza/kebab for tea and eat all night :blush: when i finished work at like 32 weeks, i actually didnt put on any more weight for the rest of the pregnancy :blush: i was really lazy too and just sat on my arse all the time!

with E, i had to be active cos K was so young and i ate "normally"!

i put on about 2.5 stone with K and she was 9lb12, dropped a stone of it before i fell pregnant again and only gained a stone with E, so i was the same weight with both of them at the end! E was only 8lb3! she is still a lot smaller now tho!

I'm so glad u asked this......was a bit embarrassed to ask (silly as it sounds).
My bump is massive Altho my midwife thinks it's the right size for 29/30 weeks. Being 4ft 11 I look alot bigger ( as ppl kindly like to remind me of how big I look etc-very distressing)

I love my food, I eat healthy-ish lol. I eat alot of veg but not fruit as I cannot eat the ones I want (baby dont like them as I barf them up). I still have my odd snacks but I have this major addiction to 7up!!!! It's so bad I can go thru two 2lt bottles per week :s my midwife n mum said I need to cut bk or switch to 7up light but I can't help it.
I was wondering if thats why bump is so big n ive gone from 10st 2lb to 12st 4lb :s help

i dont think the 7up would do it chick! i could quite easily have drunk a full bottle of pepsi a day when i was pregnant :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back