Does Tonsillitis affect hCG levels?

katsmith80

Reaction score
I found out on Monday that I am pregnant (hCG 407), on the same day I was also diagnosed with tonsillitis (yes, it was a particularly stressful day).

As I was experiencing some cramping (central, no pain on palpation, no pain in my shoulder) and some bleeding (red, heavier than spotting but lighter than a period) I had a repeat test on Wednesday (hCG 438)

This is obviously a suboptimal rise but I was wondering if fighting an infection may result in this? Am I clutching at straws or is there still hope this is a viable pregnancy?

I'm sorry, I really don't know. Did you ask the doc when s/he told you the new reading?

At least the level IS increasing though. Congratulations on your pregnancy and fingers crossed that everything will be ok for you.

Thank you!!!

To be honest, i didn't think of it at the time, I've got to go back tomorrow for another blood test.

I think it's a good thing that the cramps and bleeding have stopped though and I'm trying to stay positive.

Wishing you all the best... :hug:

Fingers crossed all is well...

i dont think tonsilitis would affect ur hcg hormone level. its a pregnancy hormone and only shows up when ur pregnant (or rarely a chemical pregnancy) so i doubt tht having tonsilitis wud give u a positive result

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back