Does this sound normal to you?

Bethyboo87

Reaction score
HI everyone,

I miscarried on Friday, began bleeding and went to a&e who scanned me and baby was only measuring 8+4, I was 11+2.

I was told to expect a heavy period, which began that night, and I started almost contracting, unbearable, until I felt something "glob" out of me, felt faint and sickie, then pains just stopped. I'm sure that was the baby then, especially as all the pains went so suddenly.

I've been expecting to bleed for maybe 2 weeks... but it's very light today already. I feel like I've gotten off really lightly, starting to bleed and losing baby happened within 12 hours. I've been bleeding quite heavily until today, now nothing even when I wipe.

I'm back to hospital tomorrow for another scan, but do you think it sounds like everything might have finished for me and is tailing off already?

Thanks xx

Hi Bettyboo I'm so sorry to hear you have lost your baby, I have had 2 MMC's but I did not miscarry naturally I had an ERPC each time. From reading the forum each persons experience is unique so you may have passed all the pregnancy tissue, the scan will confirm for you. After the D&C/ERPC I had very light spotting for about 10 days. I got a negative on a HPT ~18 days later and I got my next period 38 days later. It's such a shock when it happens and it takes a while to get your head around it but I have found time to be a great healer. Take care x

Sorry to hear of your loss.

That is how my miscarriages went! I bled heavily for about 12 hours having contractions then when clots etc passed the pain went, the bleeding reduced loads! I then just had light bleeding/spotting for a few days and that was it! I was expecting it to be worse for longer.......

So sorry to hear this has happened to you. Although mine were earlier they both followed the pattern you described. Second one I had felt like I was having really bad upset tummy contractions, when I went to toilet I passed the tissue and that was it all over. Hope you have someone looking after you and make sure you take time from work etc just to feel up to seeing other people x

Thanks all, when I went for my scan they saw that everything had passed by itself. It was such a relief to hear that so I guess it means it's all over for me :) We're going to try again straight away so just praying I won't take so long to catch this time. Don't know how I'll cope if it does.

Thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back