Does position at 28 weeks matter?

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi,

Had 28 wk midwife appointment yesterday. She wasn't 100% sure, but thinks baby is head up at the mo (in that she could feel something hard under my ribs!).

Just wondered if this matters at my stage yet? I've been trying to sit at my desk with my chair higher than normal so my hips are higher than my knees as I heard this can help?

Thanks all
L xxx

:lol: you've still got plenty of time. My baby was head up at 31 weeks and is now fully engaged.... I can tell you which was more comfortable!!! :rotfl:

xx

From what I can tell, my baby changes position all the time. Sometimes I have bums/heads under ribs other times theres legs under there.

I don't think it's too much of an issue at this stage as they still have a bit of room to manouvre.

Alex xxx

At 28 weeks not at all. Some go head down around then (mine did and stayed put ever since) others don't and some move around like its nobody's business :lol:

Often baby won't turn and settle head down till much later on, so don't worry.

Mine behaves for the midwife, being head down, but i know she also still likes to play around sideways as i get kicks and punches at both sides at the same time and i can feel her little bum!

I'm praying she behaves when we get further along and goes head down no problem but for now im happy for her to be moving around as much as she wants, she's obviosuly got room only problem is she hurts me sometimes :roll:

I dont suffer with my back at all so im either very lucky or she's not doing back ot back, i will not be happy if she continues to like it sideways to the end though, i want a natural birth and she'd make it very difficult

My baby is head up at the moment and my midwife said they don't really worry til 34-36 weeks!!

J
XX

I asked my m/w about this earlier this week (she didn't say which position she/he was in and I didn't think to ask as girls were being hectic) but she said it doesn't matter at this stage - it's when we get up to 34 wks plus!!!

At my 28 week growth scan baby was breech and the sonographer said not to worry as they don't get into their "fixed position" until 36 weeks, but they can also turn right up until birth so I wouldn't worry about it. I've been sitting on my birth ball to encourage him to go back head down, I have another scan at 34 weeks so we'll see if it's worked!!! (Fingers crossed.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back