Does he refrain from drinking ?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
I read that its not just us ladies that should restrict our drinking while ttc. Thoughts/opinions ?

Im not sure at this early stage of ttc (2nd cycle) if id have much joy asking him to cut back. He enjoys the odd drink with a meal which i think is ine but he has at least once a week where he drinks a lot (night out with boys). I tend to drive when i go out with girlfriends or when out as a couple i usually drive. So im not too woried abouy my drinking. Ive cut back on caffeine too.

Do u ask your man to refrain/restrict ? Its different for us women as we monitor and tune into our bodies but its hard to ask them to do anything special 'just in case'...

Alcohol affects sperm. But I would be inclined to leave him as he is for the time being and if you've still had no luck conceiving after 6 months maybe ask him to stop the binge with the boys. My hubby hasn't had a drop of alcohol since 3rd January 2013 and I'm so proud of him. We got pg on the January cycle as well!!!

I am trying to get hubby to cut back back, some weeks like this week he does and we haven't had a drink all week, other weeks he brings a bottle of wine in every other night. Now he's getting his sperm tested I'm hoping he'll stick to sharing a bottle a couple of times a week which I think is fine xx

Hey I'm not so sure on this.

My oh likes to drink on a weekend ( doesn't really drink during the week - may have a few beers) but makes up for it Friday night film night.

We had his sperm tested and it was 'super spunk' as he liked to point out, it was seriously super high on all counts ( and he's 39 years old, so don't think it really deteriorates with age either) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back